turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

How many calls?

Started by tha bugman, January 28, 2013, 04:15:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tha bugman

How many calls do you carry in your vest?  I typically switch between two different vests one loaded to the hills and one fairly lightweight depending on the hunting situation....heavy vest usually has about 10 calls the light one may have 5

Gooserbat

Lets see, usualy around 6 diaphargms, then two pots, and about 5 or 6 strikers, and a scratch box, crow call, owl hooter, and a couple of straws form orange sherbert push-ups...makes great little suction yelpers.

Don't forget, headnet, gloves, Thermocell, shells, and wet-whipes.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

jblackburn

Probably too many! I'll start the season with a slate, glass, maybe and aluminum, box call, 4 strikers, and a half dozen diaphragms.  By the end of each season I usually end up with the slate, glass, 2 strikers and a couple diaphragms.
Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

ShotgunDave

I've got 2 pot calls (slate and glass), probably 10 diaphragm calls (only use one or two), a box call, 4 strikers, crow call, and an owl hooter.  I think thats about it.

Onpoint

Quote from: ShotgunDave on January 28, 2013, 04:38:57 PM
I've got 2 pot calls (slate and glass), probably 10 diaphragm calls (only use one or two), a box call, 4 strikers, crow call, and an owl hooter.  I think thats about it.
Plus an aluminum pot.

El Pavo Grande

I carry 4 or 5 mouth calls (Use 2 most of the time), 1 box call, 1 tube call, and a turkey wing....I consider it a valuable call too.

danpsunurse

Hmmm?  Two pot calls, one slate, one glass,  2 Box calls, one long and one short, 3-4 mouth calls, shaker gobble call, crow call. 

Tail Feathers

If I have my vest, I'm usually carrying two pot calls, a box call and several mouth calls.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

savduck

A bunch. Thinning the herd a little this year though.
Georgia Boy

Kylongspur88

Less now than I used to. 5-6 mouth calls, a slate and a glass pot call, and my old faithful box call...

lmbhngr

Two box calls, two pot calls, several strikers,  my trusty push button, and a couple mouth calls

TrackeySauresRex

Quote from: savduck on January 28, 2013, 07:38:14 PM
A bunch. Thinning the herd a little this year though.
X-2

1 box, 1 glass pot, 1 slate pot, 6 strikers, 2 wing Bones, Roughly 6 mouth calls, Gobble tube, Peacock, Crow.... And last but not least... Drum roll Please... The squeeling Hen  :goofball:
"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

reflexl

Usualy two pots with several strikers. Two non latex mouth calls. Sometimes I will carry several more pots and a box call if I don't feel like chasing the birds. Less weight is better!

Gamblinman

One long box, one short box, 2 pots, 2 strikers, 3 diaphragms, owl hooter and a crow call..and most seasons I find one call that they like and hardly ever use the others. Last year it was a Hooks diaphragm, the year before a Real Hen box call.

Gman
"I don't hunt turkeys because I want to. I hunt turkeys because I have to."

harvester

4 pot style calls, 2 locator calls, maybe a box, and 3 or 4 mouth calls. By the end of season, 2 mouth calls.