OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

gas prices

Started by VAHUNTER, March 04, 2011, 06:28:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

letinmfly

As of today the price of regular gas is ranging from $3.57 to a high of $3.81!!  :o

With almost two months to go till the opener it's only going to get worse.  So, I would have to say yes that it will affect my hunting plans this spring.  Going to have to try and schedule a few days off at a time just to make it worth the trip.  But, one thing is for sure...I will be going!!!  :z-guntootsmiley:
Captain of the former Gobble Kings

AndyH

I will only get to hunt weekends this year and I will probably do most of my hunting 10 mins from my house. If I decide to go to some other properties farther away I'll invite a buddy and he can drive! ;D

chatterbox

It could effect whether or not I go to VT. If my FIL and I split the gas and take my Camry, it won't be too bad.
As for hunting NH, it won't affect me at all. All my areas are very close. Gas here is 3.39. 

mason0366

Well when the huricanes was hitting. They said that where most of oilcomes from. It did not matter about mid east. Now they say it does! It is all a bunch of bull! I know it will never happen but if everybody would just stay home a couple days. They might just change their minds. Just shut everything down. That my two cents for what it worth!

Chester

Gas here jumped up five cents to $3.47 over night. >:(

turkey slayer

hoyt

Won't faze my turkey hunting...I walk from the house everywhere I hunt. However, it's 30mi. to the nearest grocery store and 20mi. to any kind of store.

4nwtf

It will most likely mean that I won't be spending money on anything other than gas but I WILL TURKEY HUNT!!!!!

BowBendr

$3.55 here in NC.
It won't affect my hunting too much.
I'll just take a pass on other things and use the $$$ for fuel.

hookedspur

It might a little as I drive almost 2 hrs to one place.
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

knightrider

i have a fortune in my equipment,truck,and all other aspects of the game, im not going to let 30 dollars more stop me from hunting :z-guntootsmiley:

WyoHunter

It's $2.99 here in Wyoming. Looks like it will cost me more to hunt this year but so be it!  :icon_thumright:
If I had a dollar for every gobbler I thought I fooled I'd be well off!

hunttherut

It will keep from taking short after work trips to the farm to hunt.  I will still hunt the weekends like always

paboxcall

You can't put a price tag on fun.

A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods. Yoder409
Over time...they come to learn how little air a good yelper actually requires. ChesterCopperpot

FttFttVroom!

climbed to $3.44 a gallon here today