OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

gas prices

Started by VAHUNTER, March 04, 2011, 06:28:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LX_Trkyhntr

Between the gas and the economy it is putting a major crunch on my spring plans.
Hook's Custom Call Prostaff, Ol'Tom's Elite Team, Vaportrail Archery Prostaff, KTECH Design Prostaff
[IMG]http://i1013.photobucket.com/albums/af259/OpenSeason1/oltom-logo.png[/i

West Augusta

No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

dodger

i just hope they chill out some befor May 25th... I got a 2800 mile round trip hunt to go on

mossy835

Gas here is around $3.59 a gallon and that goes up as you get farther out of the major areas. y Honda gets 24 to 27 mpg on the open road and 22 to 24 local driving. But it is 350 miles one way to where I hunt turkeys so being retired now it is going to effect me but not enough to but the new suicide cars they are pushing. They are installing car charging (stations or places) on some high ways now but I wont go there because like the nuclear rods and no storage area the batteries are going to be a major issue shortly. My two cents worth. But have fun I intend to!

Hootowl

Gas here is 3.55 a Gallon. I leave for Kansas in April wounder what it will be then, This is Bull S***

gun for hire

If the gas prices keep going up, it may effect some of my hunting.  I had planned on a couple of out of state trips, but may have to just stay closer to home.  I will still go, but may not get to visit my best spots as often as I would have liked.

Basser69

The price of gas here jumped from $3.19 to $3.35 on tuesday while I was at work. Will it effect how much I hunt, no. I will just have to stay an extra day on each end to justify driving the hour to hour and half each way.

FLTurkey

Gas here is 3.49 gallon.  It will affect my hunting this year.  I drive past public land in Florida to hunt Alabama private.  If it gets worse I will start to hunt Florida.

John

MarkJM

Nope, I hunt on my own land, we live on a farm and I have permission to hunt tons of farms within 2 miles of my property. Goodluck to all who have to drive! our prices are up to $3.49
MuellerCustomCalls

ghillie

stinkpickle

I'll be just fine.  I got my Tornado Gas Saver installed...

...to haul my Squealin' Hen...

...to the turkey woods.  It worked great last year during deer season when it hauled me and my trusty Acorn Cruncher...

...to my trophy buck.   :D

kamski1151

They say by Memorial day gas could hit over 4.00 a gal. :help: :help:

When I'm not in the woods, I'm honkin on a Blues Harp

BrowningGuy88

I will not affect my hunting too much, just that I won't come home between morning and evening hunts like I usually do. I will also drive my wifes car (36 mpg) instead of my Chevy (14-16 mpg). I am going to work a overtime the next two weeks and that will cover my gas for the season, but if it goes up to much more it is gonna start hurting!

Daman

CSAW

Ahh....So that's your secret. ;)
Quote from: stinkpickle on March 04, 2011, 11:35:09 AM
I'll be just fine.  I got my Tornado Gas Saver installed...

...to haul my Squealin' Hen...

...to the turkey woods.  It worked great last year during deer season when it hauled me and my trusty Acorn Cruncher...

...to my trophy buck.   :D

wisconsinteacher

It will affect me some.  I plan on asking one land owner if I can camp on his land so I don't have to drive home every night.  The plus is that I will be camping.  I will also use my feet more to scout than wheels.  I hope it stops soon.