OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

gas prices

Started by VAHUNTER, March 04, 2011, 06:28:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VAHUNTER

will the rise in gas prices effect your hunting this year?? luckily some of my best hunting is only 3 miles in both directions from my home. i feel sorry for you guys that have a good drive to get to your spots. we are up to $3.35 a gal. and rising
Good things come to those who wait

Chester

No for me, I live in the heart of my club land, which is 5,000+ acres and I can be anywhere on it in just a few minutes. Gas here is $3.42 a gallon.

Sherrell

Not too bad a drive,now the company van is a different story....just a part of being in business though.

jake slayer

sugarray

$3.55 here in Buckhannon, WV.  I don't know how much it will affect me.  My main hunting areas are at home and 1 hour away.  It will keep me away from my family more than keep me from hunting.  I just won't run back every day, even though I can only hunt until 1 pm.

PANYHunter

I had $3.42 on my way to work this morning.  Don't think it will effect my hunting this year. Ya got to have priorities right?

mason0366

3.49 here in ky. It will on one of my hunting spots

CB on the run

$$3.67 - 3.69 on my way into the city outside of Buffalo, NY.  134 miles round trip to my property where I do the majority of my spring turkey hunting.  Yeah,  it's going to hurt especially since my union hasn't been able to settle a contract since 2005.  

CB

Jimbob

Try driving a diesel with the price at $3.79 a gal down in S.FL  and have a 2-3 hr drive to all my hunting spots. The gov has got us by the short hairs, but you still have to hunt !!!!!!!!! :chucknorris:
OSCEOLA GROUND AND POUND BABY !!!!!!!

flintlock

I have already decided to take the family van( (23-25mpg) to Kansas instead if my F150 (14mpg).  A penny saved is 2 earned!

Good luck
Wess
If you must smoke, please use BLACKPOWDER!

TnHunter

Wont affect me much only 80 miles round trip to where I hunt, $3.39 here this morning in middle tennessee.
Life is good today

Peck1524

$3.49 here in Maryland. Won't effect my Turkey hunting, but my Dad and I cancelled our trip to Saskatchewan for waterfowl in October. My Dad is getting laid off in April, and with gas prices so high it just isn't worth it. Sucks because he has been going for years, and this would be my first year getting to go with him. Don't think I'll have that opportunity to spend with my Dad again.  :'(

jv

It's going to effect mine some i have a 140 to 150 mile round trip so i will still go but plan on just staying all day and hunt maybe camp for a couple of day at the time.
Respect the land as well as the game you hunt.

REBELYELL

Luckily, I hunt pretty close to the house. It's really a shame how we get bent over the barrel because someone in the middle East, China or South Africa gets up on the wrong side of the bed. The gas and oil situation is no different today than it was when gas was $2.25 per gallon. There's still plenty of it and there is no reason why gas should be going up 10 cents per day.  

mountman62

Ain't gonna bother me, i got all my stuff packed on the bicycle and just gonna hitch a ride behind an 18 wheeler to Kansas, then bike to my spots, gas, what gas, only from the beanie weenies
It's not a passion, It's an OBSESSION

[img][img]