News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Busiest early season to date -

Started by lightsoutcalls, January 28, 2013, 10:38:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lightsoutcalls

Anyone else getting swamped?

I sent an order of around 20 calls to Midwest Turkey Call Supply the first week of January.  I shipped 18 more calls Saturday.  I checked my email and had another order for 18 more calls and a dozen dymondwood strikers for them. 
I turned 18 calls and 14 strikers Saturday to go to Bowie Outfitters in Baton Rouge, which will ship today.  I also have an order of 10 calls to turn for the Kansas Bowhunters Association 40th anniversary upcoming.  Those will include laser engraving on the back.

I'm getting up at 4:30AM to go to the gym for an hour and a half before coming home to get ready to drop my daughter off at school and go to my day job.  I have been working 5 nights a week doing pizza delivery (pay the bills and have a little pocket money).  I've had to take 3 days off from my day job to build calls.  I'm cranking them out, but each one is still turned the same way as if an individual called and placed the order.  I am so looking forward to taking a couple of weekends to hunt this spring!
Lights Out custom calls - what they're dying to hear!

stone road turkey calls

WOW!! that's great, hope it continues. my call in orders are up this year, and i get a small order from a small mom and pop store here in Georgia. very slow on the OG and eBay. hope it picks up, i give all my profits each year to the  scottish rites children's hospital. looks like your retailers are stocking up, hope they sell them all and order more.

Gary
Stone Road Turkey Calls / Gary Taylor
2013 Norseman 3rd place pot call
2013 Grand national 6th place pot call
2014 Midwest 3rd place pot call
2015 Midwest 5th place HM Tube call

lightsoutcalls

Actually, Midwest Turkey Call said they might have to take them off the internet until I can get this next order to them to keep from having so many orders...   :o  I hate not to get the sales, but I feel like I'm meeting myself coming and going sometimes.   

Nick_The_Tinkerer

lightsoutcalls

Quote from: Nick_The_Tinkerer on January 28, 2013, 02:16:55 PM
Thats a good thing right?????

Sales are great... sleep deprivation... uhhh, I'll have to get back with you on that one...   :-\

There are never enough hours in a day.

merocustomcalls

Well if you weren't turning out a great product then you wouldn't be swamped.  Congrats!

VanHelden Game Calls

Sounds like your at the point of taking the next step or reevaluating your call making.

Good luck :icon_thumright:

lightsoutcalls

I got up this AM at 4:30 and instead of going to the gym, turned 7 pots before getting ready for my day job.  Looks like I may have to start walking on my lunch hour if I'm going to shed those pounds I need to get rid of before season...

VanHelden Game Calls

I think I saw a lathe on old yankee work shop that would solve  your time/exercise issues.  :TooFunny:

selinoid44

I've got a couple of orders to get done, but nothing like that. Thats a ton of work brother! WOW!
Good luck and I will say some prayers for ya. Congrats on the buisness. I will get pretty busy in about a month. As the season gets closer thats when the orders come in, go figure.

'Flush Draw' Calls
Charlie Louthain
574-527-9785

TarheelTurk

Congrats on the orders Wendell !! Hang in there buddy and keep up the great work !!!!
Grandads Advice : "Sometimes its better to be quit and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubts" LOL

lightsoutcalls

I dropped off 28 calls yesterday at the post office only minutes before they closed.   Ahhhh... I had orders for about 4 more calls, which would be a morning's worth of work for Saturday... until I opened my email this morning...

I just got another order from Midwest for 23 more calls and have sent invoices for 2 more calls from individuals this morning...  So much for checking my trail cameras this weekend...

I haven't even had time to make up any calls to list on ebay.  I have only 3 calls in stock, but don't have time to get them listed...  It's overwhelming, but a blessing financially. 

Jbird22

Sat around running a few of your calls (mahogany/aluminum and shedua/copper) this morning. Man those calls are slap full of turkey. Gonna try to run that copper a lot more this season. I love that unique sound!

Congrats on your success Wendell. You make an awesome call! I do know what you mean about not having enough time in the day though.