OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

camouflage

Started by stone road turkey calls, January 27, 2013, 03:32:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stone road turkey calls

Sitting here watching a guy on a guided elk hunt, he has on some nice camouflage, his guide has blue jeens and a button up light blue short sleeve shirt. they are walking around all these bull elk in the field picking which one there going to shoot, he shoots one and the other 20 elk just keep eating like nothing happend. just don't like this.
Stone Road Turkey Calls / Gary Taylor
2013 Norseman 3rd place pot call
2013 Grand national 6th place pot call
2014 Midwest 3rd place pot call
2015 Midwest 5th place HM Tube call

guesswho

The guy in jeans doesn't have a contract. 

It's sad but you know as well as I do that money can turn a clueless klutz into a world class hunter.
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

captin_hook

Quote from: guesswho on January 27, 2013, 03:57:22 PM

It's sad but you know as well as I do that money can turn a clueless klutz into a world class hunter.

X2!

jakesdad

x3.Always cracks me up to see Mr. Professional on his big game hunt dressed to the nines in the latest camo,and there sits right beside him the true professional(in most cases)the guide,dressed in carhartt pants and a fleece jacket,no camo only earth toned colors.Ive ditched most of my camo except what I use for turkeys.Camo for the most part is overated IMO.

"There are turkey hunters and people who hunt turkeys.I hope I am remembered as a turkey hunter"

fallsflight

I caught this same hunt on tv.  I think they just let those elk out of the barn a few minutes before the hunt started!  ::)  What a joke.  Guy shoots one after they were staring at the hunters for awhile and then while they are talking about the shot after the bull was down all the others were wandering around behind them in the wide open now even closer.  Probably wondering what time dinner is being served down in the pen. 

tomstopper

Quote from: guesswho on January 27, 2013, 03:57:22 PM

Couldn't have said it any better........

longspur

Quote from: jakesdad on January 27, 2013, 05:55:42 PM
.Camo for the most part is overated IMO.
x2, wear something that kinda blends in and be still.

Kylongspur88

Quote from: jakesdad on January 27, 2013, 05:55:42 PM
Ive ditched most of my camo except what I use for turkeys.Camo for the most part is overated IMO.
Yup, I deer hunt in carharts and a fleece pullover most of the time. While shed hunting this morning wearing jeans and a carhart jacket I was litterally almost ran over by 8 does. I heard them coming, stood still next to a tree, and I could have killed every one of them with my 9mm.

BrowningGuy88

I only wear camo turkey hunting. I wear dark colored Carharts (pants and jacket) deer and hog hunting.

Now turkey hunting - I believe in the camo! Full body - face mask, gloves, boots, etc.

Turkey Trot

Quote from: jakesdad on January 27, 2013, 05:55:42 PMCamo for the most part is overated IMO.

You will have a hard time convincing a significant number of obssessed camo hos on this forum of that. 

But I agree with you.  People think animals are seeing the same thing that they are, but that just is not true.  We have different vision.  (Camo is good but it does not have to be perfectly matched specimens of the latest catalog cam fashion).
Until The Turkeys Have Their Historians, Tales Of The Hunt Shall Always Glorify The Hunter