OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Can't decide on what auto to get

Started by BlakeJ, January 27, 2013, 01:27:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlakeJ

I'm wanting a 3.5", camo, pistol grip, drilled and tapped, short barrel, semi auto turkey gun. I'm not wanting to spend an arm and a leg on a sbe2, so what's the best out there for the money?

Xcal1ber

Here probably next month I am getting a Stoeger M3500. I'm sure if you look arond you can get one with a pistol grip and a short barrel. Goo price too. OR you can look at the remington 11-87 and the Mossberg 935.
He shouldn't ought done'nat........ He dead.

chatterbox

BrowningGuy88

I had an M2 Tactical and sold it. I am going with the 935.

Swampwise

Love my Mossy 935 DRT! You can get one with all the prerequisites you listed.
I have the BFOTP!

captin_hook

reynolds243

Stoeger 3500 if you like the inertia system. 11-87 if you dont

wvnut3

davisd9

Quote from: chatterbox on January 27, 2013, 01:47:15 PM
Mossberg 935.

:agreed:   Just as a turkey gun that no question, 935 will do it!
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

allaboutshooting

935 would be my choice as well.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

tomstopper

I have an 11-87 that I bought last year and love. If you don't even want to spend that much, I would recommend the stoeger 3500. I picked one up yesterday and shot small game loads out of it today with no problems. I am excited to see what it does with turkey shells but so far I love it (just make sure you clean it & apply a thin coat of gun oil to the moving parts before running any shells through it; prevents any cycling issues).

Old Gobbler

We ought to do a raffle here for some turkey guns
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

Clif Owen

We should..and I know how to have a great one..if we can sell enough tickets. But, it's going to require a bunch of tickets sold. A local church does this each year. Basically you sell 1000 tickets..they were selling them for $50 apiece and our state lottery has a Pick 3 game every night. What they do is e the numbers for Saturday's drawing and give away a gun each week hroughout the year. Not all of them are top shelf items...there are some Mossbergs and Marlins mixed in with the Brownings and Benellis but the thing seems to be very popular. They don't just give away turkey guns but guess if we did something similar; we could do whatever we wanted. A cash option would work too.

Old Gobbler

We did a raffle for a 20 gauge before for the NWTF , it went pretty well -

I like the powerball method , but it limits you to something like about 40 tickets -  people pick a # and whatever the powerball # is on the lotto , thats who wins the item

so if you have a $500 gun you are looking at $12 a ticket 

A SBE2 would be $30 tickets

the one problem is the paypal is a pain in the but to do , we are talking a whole bunch of work - If we had a gundealer willing to do it {including raffle and powerball}, that would be good

we could do a gift certificate to a dealer like Buds gun shop , and the winner just picks out what they want

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/834/products_id/411535980
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon