OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Words cant describe

Started by Muskie03, March 04, 2011, 01:51:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Muskie03

Had my computer worked on by my cousin, he replaced the hard drive and up graded some stuff. Which is all great, but I lost a LOT of important stuff. Hundreds of pics from when I was guiding in British Columbia, countless turkey hunting pics, numerous muskie fishing and other fishing pics, deer hunting, ice fishing, and the list goes on. Lost a ton of other important information. I cant describe what I'm feeling right now. On top of that an old friends younger brother and another friend of mine crashed a snowmobile last night, John(old friends younger brother) who was 25 died and Dree is in critical condition at the hospital. So here I sit with a glass of Crown and my thoughts. Is it strange I find some comfort when I'm on OG? To all my friends here. Cheers

Nik
Muskie03 Taught Me A Lesson In 2011

If it eats I can catch it, if it bleeds I can kill it.

paintbrush

Saw on the news about your friends brother. I'm sure it's a tough ordeal for him and his family to be going through. Hope your other friend Dree pulls through all right. Not in the same context as what has happened to your friends, but it's also to bad you lost all those pics. You must be a picture taking fool.  ;D

blueribbon

Sorry to hear about the accident up there. You all will be in our prayers man!!!

pittboss

Nik I am so sorry to hear about your friends brother. Prayers sent your way  :jesus-cross:
I understand your pain I lost my best friend and turkey hunting partner last moth. I too felt comfort here at OG with all my friends. Hang in there buddy , I will knock one back tonight for you and your friend.

Ron
Gobble Gobble Boom !!!!!

ghillie

Condolences.....sorry to hear...were here for ya     :bible:

Muskie03

Thanks a lot fellas, and paintbrush I am a picture taking fool. I had over 500 pics from B.C. There still might be a chance i could get them back.....maybe.

Jayhawkeye

sorry to hear about your friend's brother and computer misfortunes.  i lost all my important files and pictures when i had a hard drive crash a few years back.  its a hard lesson to learn, but i now back everything up once or twice a week a on an extremal back up drive.  my thoughts are with you...
Rock Chalk Jayhawks!!!  Gobble, Gobble, Gobble...  Go KU!!!

vaturkey

Muskie03

Sorry for your friends brother  !! Prayers sent from VA. :jesus-cross:
Vaturkey

Shotgun

Sorry to hear about your loses.  Prayers sent  :cross2:

tracyky

Sorry to hear to bad news. My prayers are with u and your friends family.

unclerick

Oh man I hate to hear about your son, I know how it is to lose a good friend at a young age, my thoughts and condolences to you and the families along with preyers..
Before all else fails,talk to Jesus

Muskie03

Thanks Rick. At age 18 I lost one of my best friends, and again at 21 I lost another best friend. I'm 26 now and it ahh.... well it never seems to end. But thanks to all my friends here for your kind words.

handcannon

Sounds like your going through a tough time all of the sudden. I truly hope your friend pulls through ok and thoughts and prayers to all of the families involved.

It's possible for you to replace your old hard drive and rip all the info off onto an external hard drive then re install your new hard drive. Anyone with any photo's and or important documents should consider an external hard drive and set it up to back up your computer by schedule or manually save all the good stuff onto it. If your computer crashes you still got it all.

Prayin for ya bud!

Travis

Muskie03

The hard drive on my Mac was fine, my cousin was just putting 2 bigger ones in. Some how stuff got lost. And yes I'm getting a external hard drive to save my self from going through this again.

Mag10

Nik,
I  hope your friend pulls through ok.

I bought a 1 TB clickfree automatic Backup from officemax and its a good way to go.  I hooked it up and did the simple setup and it backs up everything every 6 Hrs.  I don't have to do anything.
I have 3840 photes saved so I didn't want the same thing to happen to me again.  A few years ago my HD started making noise and my brother said it was going to crash so he put a new one in and guess what , I lost some files.  I got most of them back by way of backup CD's but I wanted a better setup.  The clickfree backs up my desktop and my wifes laptop and I don't do anything.  I got the C2N model that does all computers on my wireless network.    Marty