Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Face lift for my little 20 gauge....

Started by Turkeykiller12, January 26, 2013, 01:15:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Turkeykiller12

Here's a before picture of my youth model Charles daly 20 gauge.

Sent from this thang that takes pictures, calls people and gets on Internet hunting forums.

Turkeykiller12

Here's the after picture. I used a mossy oak gun skin kit in bottomland. It turned out ok, there were a few wrinkles in it but overall for the price, it turned out ok.

Sent from this thang that takes pictures, calls people and gets on Internet hunting forums.

dirt road ninja

I like it, for the price that's really tough to beat. I did my ten gauge last year and was pleased overall with how it turned out. The bottom land came out great!

Turkeykiller12

Quote from: dirt road ninja on January 26, 2013, 02:01:13 PM
I like it, for the price that's really tough to beat. I did my ten gauge last year and was pleased overall with how it turned out. The bottom land came out great!

Did you have problems with some wrinkles in the material that you just couldn't get out. My worse areas was around any part of the gun that I had to curve the material around. I used a blow dryer just like in the instructional YouTube video but I still don't feel like it came out as good as it was suppose to.

davisd9

Looks great!

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

JVA54

M,Yingling

Not taking orders for calls at this time ,,,but my have some on hand  ,,,I Dont sell strikers
I do like copper pot calls,,,,Get them While u can
My YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/user/CallerTurkey

dirt road ninja

In a few spots, I used a razor knife and cut slits in it before I had to go around a curve. I did mine fast and had a 5 year old helping. Mine looks good from 5 feet away, but if you get close to it ya can tell I went fast. If I do it over again it will turn out much better.

Turkeykiller12

Quote from: dirt road ninja on January 26, 2013, 08:13:12 PM
In a few spots, I used a razor knife and cut slits in it before I had to go around a curve. I did mine fast and had a 5 year old helping. Mine looks good from 5 feet away, but if you get close to it ya can tell I went fast. If I do it over again it will turn out much better.

Same here.lol. Mine looks good from a few feet away buy up close it doesn't look as good as it should.

trkehunr93