turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Lookin good for spring

Started by Onpoint, January 25, 2013, 04:37:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Onpoint

Its hard to tell cuz I took this pic from my cell phone, but theyre all gobblers. Won't be much longer.

redarrow

Looks like your gonna need some help.Where do you want the volunteers to meet ya. :turkey2:

hookedspur

Quote from: redarrow on January 25, 2013, 06:22:49 PM
Looks like your gonna need some help.Where do you want the volunteers to meet ya. :turkey2:

Im with Red  :icon_thumright:
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

tomstopper

Quote from: hookedspur on January 25, 2013, 06:26:45 PM
Quote from: redarrow on January 25, 2013, 06:22:49 PM

Im with Red  :icon_thumright:
:agreed: we will come in full force.....

SheGotHoOks

lol... he's already got some help :) I can't wait.. gonna be adding some spurs to my necklace!

spurman

I wonder where that was taken ;) Nice bunch of gobblers.
Spring turkey hunting, I love it so.                FREEDOM IS NOT FREE

Gold Spur

Woo Pig Sooie!!!

Onpoint

That farm there I got about 300 acres. Come spring it'll hold about 5 or 6 gobblers. The neighboring farm got into the outfitting business and come spring my farm will hold 5 or 6 birds. Every morning I heard birds go to the neighbors property to the same place day after day. I knew somethin wasn't right so one day I took a little walk. Found a bunch if wheat seed covered up with hay. If I had to feed a turkey to kill him id quit huntin!! It pisses me off just thinking about it but what can ya do?? I'll still get mine, but I remember the good ole days when my hardest problem was tryin to figure out which bird To go after.

SheGotHoOks

well.. that escalated quickly ;) our neighbors here like to bait turkeys.. 19onpoint85 don't like the fact that they pull so many turkeys off us by doing so.. & he tends to gets a little hot headed when he thinks about it =O but you're right Justin no need in worrying about it.. you'll still gonna get yours :)

turkey_slayer

I would like to introduce my 2 new friends. 19onpoint85 and bones lol

Eric Gregg

Quote from: 19onpoint85 on January 25, 2013, 07:48:41 PM
That farm there I got about 300 acres. Come spring it'll hold about 5 or 6 gobblers. The neighboring farm got into the outfitting business and come spring my farm will hold 5 or 6 birds. Every morning I heard birds go to the neighbors property to the same place day after day. I knew somethin wasn't right so one day I took a little walk. Found a bunch if wheat seed covered up with hay. If I had to feed a turkey to kill him id quit huntin!! It pisses me off just thinking about it but what can ya do?? I'll still get mine, but I remember the good ole days when my hardest problem was tryin to figure out which bird To go after.

I like this! There is a difference between a hunter and bushwacker.

Old Gobbler

Ive seen this before , corn wars on property -

Go down to the city pound and adopt some very loud bluetick hounds  and let them loose on his property opening morning
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

SheGotHoOks

Quote from: Old Gobbler on January 25, 2013, 10:34:41 PM
Ive seen this before , corn wars on property -

Go down to the city pound and adopt some very loud bluetick hounds  and let them loose on his property opening morning

now now... I already have a pit bull, a yorkie poo, two cats and two kittens that I have to feed, you can't tell him to go get no more animals because he WILL lol! ;)

Old Gobbler

I would look into permanent food plots , adjacent to his property

millet , chuffas ,etc....     throw down a good burn on a large grazing field about 4 weeks prior to the season  - keep thick wooded well drained areas with lots of ground cover for nesting , disk the firebreaks

bait gets eaten up quickly , quality habitat is what pulls game to your property

:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon