Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Foot on Da Head Game Calls

Started by davisd9, January 25, 2013, 07:39:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

davisd9

Our team member Turkeykiller22, Drew Able, has started his own call making business.  He makes custom box calls and mouth calls.  I am always interested in trying a few new calls each year and decided to get from him a couple mouth calls.  They are both a V cut call in which he calls the Crazy Cackler.  I am a big fan of the call company XT Game Calls and this call reminds me of those.  It has a hard tape that I like and has some good rasp.  It fits good in your mouth and has plenty of room to trim the tape if one needs to do so.

In the video I have done a few calls.  I yelp, then cluck, cutt with yelps, and then fighting purrs with clucks in them.  I am by no mean a great caller but have killed a few birds with the mouth call.  My purrs are lippy cause I have trouble making them.  Hope that this does Drew's call justice, it will be in my vest this coming season!

"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

turkeykiller22

Thanks for the shout out! Hope you like the calls! If anybody else would like a call please let me know and I will be happy to build them for you!! My Cell phone is (256)683-0360 please give me a call or text me if any of you ever need anything! Thanks for the support guys!

Drew Able
Grounded Brand - https://groundedbrand.com/

dirt road ninja

M,Yingling

Not taking orders for calls at this time ,,,but my have some on hand  ,,,I Dont sell strikers
I do like copper pot calls,,,,Get them While u can
My YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/user/CallerTurkey

davisd9

"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

trkehunr93

Sounds good, ya purr better than I do.  I cannot do it on a mouth call to save my life.  Donald, I hope your not considering these for the traveling call cause I might have to pass  ;D

davisd9

Quote from: trkehunr93 on January 29, 2013, 09:35:44 AM
Sounds good, ya purr better than I do.  I cannot do it on a mouth call to save my life.  Donald, I hope your not considering these for the traveling call cause I might have to pass  ;D

It is under strong consideration, but if we decide on using this as the travel call I am going to be the first to test it out.  Do not want anyone to run into any trouble with it if it is not broke in.   ;D