turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Favorite mouth call

Started by BigMick, January 24, 2013, 10:57:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ded Goblr

Seems like every year I find a new favorite. Started with Quakerboy raspy old hen in 1985, hundreds later? Scott Hooks put out some really great calls, the Executioner2 and Persuader were last years favs. Just got a couple from Lyle at Houndstooth that are going bring'em runnin the Diamond x3 runs great.

El Pavo Grande

Legacy game calls for me, preferably the Hacksaw and the Fatal Attraction.  I have used many different brands and Legacy has proven the best fit for me going on several years now.

budtripp

Really digging the hooks executioner.

Gooserbat

Gooserbat either the Hillbilly or Bacon, but I'm bias.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

REBELYELL

WildTigerTrout

Primos Stacked Frame or Piggyback calls. My two favorites in the series are the "True Double" and "True Triple". The true double has been around for years. It was Wilbur Primos's first production call. The gobbler in my avatar was called in last spring with the triple frame "True Triple"
Deer see you and think you are a stump. The Old Gobbler sees a stump and thinks it is YOU!

redleg06

1.A ) Hooks - Executioner

1. B) Cane Creek - Cutter

reynolds243

Quote from: Gamblinman on January 25, 2013, 06:59:39 AM
Scott made me some larger framed Hooks diaphragms...now I'm HOOKED!!

Gman

when did this happen? i couldnt use them before because they were too small for me.

Tail Feathers

It varies every year.  Probably due to my inconsistency.  :character0029: Last year was a Hooks, can't recall which one exactly.
I really like the Woodhaven Red Wasp too.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

WVhuntEER

Hooks Executioner is tough to beat! 

You guys need to give Rush Mouth Calls a try.  Really are easy to use like Hooks.  I love the "youngin" Rush call but they are all great.

derek

Woodhaven redwing been my go-to for a few years now.  Also like hooks and cane creek
www.youtube.com/thebaysidelegion

www.thebaysidelegion.com

longspur

bullet355

Mine seems to change every year, last year it was a David Halloran TKO

budtripp

I may have to try a Gooserbat bacon this year, maybe a Tom Teasers butt naked hen to go along with my Hooks Executioner. Gotta mix it up sometimes

Ded Goblr

Anyone using Brooksides diaphragms?? Just curious, because @ $2.10 if they're any good that would be a bargin.