OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

What's your go to pot call?

Started by Dr^ke, January 24, 2013, 07:48:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr^ke

Hey guys, been checking out the forum for quite some time and decided to be a contributing member. I wanted to start this thread for guys to post a picture of their go to pot call. I'm looking to get a new one this season and looking for some opinions and advice. I don't have a large collection, only a Holloran box, lights out pot, and a couple mouths calls and I like them all. I guess I'm just looking for something to switch it up a bit. Thanks and happy hunting!

chatterbox

Here is mine.
Andy Kaiser Curly Maple with a Purpleheart soundboard and striker.
Love this call!

West Augusta

3 1/2" glass over slate Glen Marrer Zebrawood and my hollow bell Locust striker.
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

CallDr

That is a good question. I always carry one Slate and Glass. Slate when cold will not call run well.....so glass works better.

Pitch and tone. You never know what a Turkey will like. So I like the variety of callers. In other words, no need to have multiple calls that are somewhat tuned the same. We always tend to take to the woods what we think we sound the best on and does not have problems hitting the calls you want.

Sometimes I carry ( as an extra) a straight piece of slate with a corncob striker for some "soft calling".

My Go To call is most often a Slate. But I will at least one or 2 others calls. Many times I switch calls before I leave a calling spot. I can't tell ya how many times that did the trick.

www.wildtalker.com

Onpoint

David Halloran sugar town sweetness. It's a glass surface with slate soundboard. It's got an opening on the bottom big enough where you can play the slate too. This combo is deadly in the turkey woods.

Onpoint

gophert

Lights Out copper for me.  Its all turkey.

sent from my Tweaked Out Evo LTE

RIO329

i use my own pot made out of becote ,slate over beaded glass,with a peg thats made with a carbon fiber stick topped with black and white ebony ,the end of the peg has a deer horn antler tip ,it will play on all surfaces, turkey buster has one, he says it should be banned ,its that good :TooFunny:

Spurcollecta

Quote from: RIO329 on January 25, 2013, 06:54:25 AM
i use my own pot made out of becote ,slate over beaded glass,with a peg thats made with a carbon fiber stick topped with black and white ebony ,the end of the peg has a deer horn antler tip ,it will play on all surfaces, turkey buster has one, he says it should be banned ,its that good :TooFunny:

I'd like to see that striker  8)

BrowningGuy88

I run a Crystal Freak mostly - cheap $30 pot, but it works! I want to pick up a copper, slate, and glass this year.

Edit - picking up a Yingling Copper!!! That one will be in the vest opening morning.

bbcustomboxcalls

When everything else fails I go to my Zebrawood fp copper pot call.

Bill

SCtrkyhntr

Supreme Turkey Calls - Pure Death

BigGobbler

BigGobbler Calls Eastern mountain laurel Pot with slate over black walnut soundboard matched with a sassafras striker.

Chris Downs

I really like my Hallorans.  Presently have a black aluminum in maple and a cherry slate.

BowBendr

A Bobby Vanover (Hillbilly280) cedar pot, glass playing surface, no soundboard...... :you_rock: