turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

What Turkey books are good reading

Started by ddturkeyhunter, March 03, 2011, 10:41:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ddturkeyhunter

I just finished reading Illumination in the Flatwoods by Joe Hutto last week and was looking for something else to read. I know some one else just asked this question in the last month or so because I read it and for got what books were the best. I tried looking back till the first of February but was unable to find it.  Any suggestion would be nice Illumination in the Flatwoods was a good book.

shootumindaface

Looking to learn about hunting or just turkey hunting story books

Will_price

Any Tom Kelly. Bird of Courage and East of The Slash by Wade Wineman. All of the Cuz Strickland books. There's many more but I can't think of them right now.
Member of The Tenth, since 2005

ddturkeyhunter

Quote from: shootumindaface on March 03, 2011, 10:52:47 PM
Looking to learn about hunting or just turkey hunting story books
Turkey hunting stories

paboxcall

x2 on Tom Kelly.  If you haven't already, read Tenth Legion, Dealer's Choice, Better on a Rising Tide as starters.

:z-winnersmiley:

A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods. Yoder409
Over time...they come to learn how little air a good yelper actually requires. ChesterCopperpot

ddturkeyhunter

Quote from: Will_price on March 03, 2011, 10:55:37 PM
Any Tom Kelly. Bird of Courage and East of The Slash by Wade Wineman. All of the Cuz Strickland books. There's many more but I can't think of them right now.
Some of them should be good Thanks

stilker

Take Back in Fancy
Faces in the Crowd
A Few Loose Chapters
The Season

All by Tom Kelly

OldMarine

The Old Pro Turkey hunter by Gene Nunnery

Tenth Legion by Tom Kelly
"Well, the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they are ignorant, but that they know so much that isn't so." – Ronald Reagan

tjh24

Like most others have said, I do like the Tom Kelly books and dont think you can wrong with him. I also like Ray Eye books, I cant remember the title of the one im reading now, but I like his books.

fallsflight

What is the title of that book that is set in the swamps of AL or somewhere, where a family that is turkey hunting runs into a bunch of criminals or something?  That is supposed to be a good book.

Will_price

Quote from: fallsflight on March 04, 2011, 06:57:15 AM
What is the title of that book that is set in the swamps of AL or somewhere, where a family that is turkey hunting runs into a bunch of criminals or something?  That is supposed to be a good book.
The Dummy Line
Member of The Tenth, since 2005

wvboy

Quote from: OldMarine on March 04, 2011, 12:01:09 AM
The Old Pro Turkey hunter by Gene Nunnery

Tenth Legion by Tom Kelly

Ditto.. my two favorites .. Nunnery's book is the best IMHO ..
RB .. Take me Home Country Roads

catdaddy

Here are two of my favorite turkey hunting books:

America's Greatest Game Bird: Archibald Rutledge's Turkey Hunting Tales

East of the Slash:  Wade Wineman

deerhunt1988

x2 on The Old Pro Turkey Hunter

also..

Turkey Hunting: A One Man Game by Kenny Morgan

SinGin