Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Who's your daddy!? ~ Devotion ~ 1/23/13

Started by lightsoutcalls, January 23, 2013, 11:01:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lightsoutcalls

Monday...  what can I say...?  Was I the only one that listened to/watched bits and pieces of the inauguration and couldn't decide whether to spit, say words I would later regret or just pound my head on a solid, blunt object? 
   From global warming to gay rights, I was just a bit numb.  As I tried to organize thoughts in my mind and try to figure out just what could have possessed a person to have an agenda like this... 

The Holy Spirit stopped me right about there.

Suddenly a verse came to mind.  Ironically, it was in the text that I used in last week's devotion.

Ephesians 6:12
New Living Translation (NLT)

12 For we are not fighting against flesh-and-blood enemies, but against evil rulers and authorities of the unseen world, against mighty powers in this dark world, and against evil spirits in the heavenly places.

I listened to a Christian talk show host talking about praying for our president.  My first response was something like "I'm not praying for that (your choice of derogatory words)... but I continued to listen.  The gentleman went on to state that the Bible instructs us, check that, COMMANDS us to pray for our leaders.  Oh, man!  He went on to state that we are not to pray for blessings upon someone who intentionally leads a nation on a path away from God.  (My ears perked up about here...)  He explained that it is completely appropriate to pray that God would interrupt mr obama's sleep with dreams and visions of truth, be that the suffering of the unborn during abortion, the un-natural nature of same-sex relationships or whatever he endorses that goes directly against the commands and nature of God.  Yes, he encouraged people to pray that mr obama's sleep would be disrupted, that he would not be able to get rest and that he would see visions of the calamity that he is bringing upon America. 
   I still wondered "why"?  How could a man be so deceived as to think such things were "good" for a people?  Once again, the Holy Spirit spoke through verses that I was familiar with, and gave them new light.  In these verses, Jesus confronted some who were listening to His teachings and claimed to be "believers"...

John 8:43-47

43 Why can't you understand what I am saying? It's because you can't even hear me! 44 For you are the children of your father the devil, and you love to do the evil things he does. He was a murderer from the beginning. He has always hated the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he lies, it is consistent with his character; for he is a liar and the father of lies. 45 So when I tell the truth, you just naturally don't believe me! 46 Which of you can truthfully accuse me of sin? And since I am telling you the truth, why don't you believe me? 47 Anyone who belongs to God listens gladly to the words of God. But you don't listen because you don't belong to God."

Who's your daddy!?

These verses combined with the call to pray somehow brought a little sense to what previously seemed so senseless to me.  Oh, it still disturbs me to see the way that our president is trying to "fundamentally change" America (his words).  However, I feel like I have a better handle on what is REALLY going on.  There IS a method behind the madness.  Am I calling mr obama the antichrist? No.  Am I calling him the devil?  No.  I'm simply saying that the reason our country is being slowly and progressively flushed down the toilet is that the elected leadership is following what they know.  They are being true to their character.  Their driving force is bigger than their personalities and persuasion.  They are just tools of "mighty powers in this dark world".

Ephesians 6:12

12 For we are not fighting against flesh-and-blood enemies, but against evil rulers and authorities of the unseen world, against mighty powers in this dark world, and against evil spirits in the heavenly places.

It's time we recognize the REAL enemy in this fight and pray accordingly.
Lights Out custom calls - what they're dying to hear!

BOFF

Thanks Wendell,

May we not under estimate the power of prayer and the power of God in changing Obama's heart and vision.

God Bless,
David B.

snoodlum

longbeard11

Great, strong and true words!!! Very well put. 

Roostem33

We really need to be in prayer over our country! Thanks Wendell!

Jody
The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.(John 10:10)