OldGobbler

OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

what do you all think of my 20ga project for this spring?

Started by turkeyhunter91, January 20, 2013, 09:42:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

turkeyhunter91

i decided to paint my mossburg and i think it turned out well, i am hopeing my choke comes in one day this week and we get some warmer weather, i still have a few more things to do to it but painting was one of the biggest, thanks

flydowncackle

Cool! Great job...I couldn't have come close. Very good work!

whiskey

Onpoint

SumToy

Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

Shotgun Dave

All things work together for good !!!

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

Sand Man

I like it.  After having painted mine and seeing the detail you added to the leaves, I don't even want to know how much time you have in it.  I think mine was between 60-80 hours.

Let the little twenty EAT!!!!

870BkWht

What did you use for the paint?  Did you use enamel, or accrylic, or oil based?  I assume you put on base layers with spray paint, but I really want to know how you finished it.

BrowningGuy88

I am interested in how you did it too! I may Duracoat my 935 instead of dipping it if I decide not to leave it black.

turkeyhunter91

hey everyone thanks for the replys, ok i started out by taking the gun completely apart and then i taped everything off ,then i sanded the stain and everything off the stock, and then took a de oiler and went over all the metal to clean it, idk if you have to but i wore rubber gloves to keep the oil from my hands off the metal, i started by putting a brown primer on everything, then i took kaki,brown and green and put it on over lapping and letting some over spray hit it, then i took a thick sheet and some leaves and stencled them onto the sheet and cut them out, took some brighter green paint and sprayed on a paper plate and then i dipped the leaves and layed them on then gun, then my wife is a really good painter so i decideded to let her do all the detail work on it for me,(i bet you all cant guess who wanted that last part in there) haha, for the detal work she actually used a perminant marker instead of paint, then i put a flat clear coat on it. but the paint was rustoleum camo paint, it was about the only type of flat i could find locally, i believe it was a enamel,  hope this helps