OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

I have a confession to make...

Started by lightsoutcalls, January 20, 2013, 05:03:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lightsoutcalls

I have been a professional wrestling fan since I was in grade school in the early 70's. 

A couple of years ago, a wrestler that I had enjoyed watching throughout the years retired.  Since then, he has become the co-host of MacMillan River Adventures on the Outdoor Channel. 
   After watching an episode where the guys were turkey hunting... I had an idea...

I decided to make each of them a call.  :) 

The call for Shawn Michaels is made of canarywood.  It is personalized with HBK (HeartBreak Kid) in the middle.  This was his nickname.  At the bottom of the call, it reads "sweet chin music".  This was his finishing move, where he kicked his opponent in the chin, rendering most loopy.  It seemed appropriate for turkey hunting as well.   ;D

The other call is for the host, Keith Mark.  It is made of leopardwood and is personalized with his name and the name of their show, MacMillan River Adventures at the bottom. 

I emailed them last week and received an email response from them. I will be sending them out this week.
Lights Out custom calls - what they're dying to hear!

Gawhitaker

That's one that'll be treasured, if it sounds half as good as it looks it'll be the grounding of many old birds.

WillowRidgeCalls

Wisconsin Turkey and Turkey Hunting Pro-Staff
Scott

pappy

Wendell, super sweet callers, love the Canarywood.....when Shawn came to Cape Girardeau Missouri back in the day, our daughter (who is still secretly in love with this guy) wanted to go. We got great seats, and when he came out, the place screamed with excitement....and when it was over (1:30a.m.) .... we waited for the crew to come out....we saw them get into a white van....and yep, we had to follow them....we ended up in Illinois....I was afraid they would get me for stalking...so we turned around and headed back to Missouri...I think she still holds ill feelings against me about that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

savduck

Man, that is great. i didnt know he was into hunting. Nice work.
Georgia Boy

lmbhngr

Hey can I get one of those; I was a professional wrestler too ;D ;D. Nice work!!

callmakerman

I was a westling junkie at one time my self. Two very nice callers and hope to see them used on the show.

Old Gobbler

:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

Gold Spur

Those are beautiful calls Wendell.  :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:
Woo Pig Sooie!!!

lightsoutcalls

Quote from: skos29 on January 20, 2013, 05:22:21 PM
Pro wrestling is a joke. Nice calls though.

One company now refers to wrestling as "sports entertainment".  I think that is an appropriate term for the shows they produce.  I'm a big boy and understand that the outcomes of matches are scripted, as well as sequences of moves, etc.  That said, I have enjoyed it for its entertainment value. 
   Several years back I had the opportunity to hear "Super Star" Billy Graham, the wrestler that taught "Hulk" Hogan.  He gave a behind the scenes look into the darker side of wrestling.  In that way, it does not differ much from many other sports, in that there are those who can't handle the pressures that go along with the lifestyle and make poor life decisions (alcohol, drugs, prescription drugs, relationships, etc.). 
   Shawn made some of those same poor decisions in life.  Although I won't pretend to know all of the details, I know he came to a place where he made a decision to change.  After that point, he made a point to include a "Tebow" style prayer in his ring entrances, yes, amid loud music, flashing lights and fireworks.  In a business that was all about beating the next guy whatever the cost, he made it a point to make his convictions and beliefs a part of his "character", because it was a part of who he was out of the ring.  That is what I have admired most about him.
    As for your comment, "Pro wrestling is a joke." -  We are all entitled to our opinions and preferences of how we spend our time.  I don't care to watch golf, tennis, baseball, basketball, hockey...  That said, I don't demean the sport or those who choose to spend their time watching them. 
Lights Out custom calls - what they're dying to hear!

Chesterfield

Two beautiful calls from Wendell.  I recently received my second call from Wendell, a bronzed glass call of canarywood with two strikers - just a fantastic sounding call which is beautiful to boot.  I'll try to post pictures and am in the process of getting the process up and running.  Wendell was very patient, informative, and great to work with.  Looking forward to getting the calls out into the woods this spring!

barry

Beautiful calls! Hope they can use and appreciate what they are getting.