OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Eastern Sports and Outdoor Show Bans Tactical Rifles

Started by PANYHunter, January 20, 2013, 09:24:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PANYHunter

http://fox43.com/2013/01/16/harrisburgs-eastern-sports-and-outdoor-show-bans-tactical-weapons/

Reed exhibitions who organizes the outdoor show in Harrisburg has banned assault rifles from this years show stating that hey may attract negative attention. Many sponsors such as Lancaster archery supply, and cabela's have pulled out. If anyone was planning on attending I urge you to reconsider.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

longspur

they "STRONGLY" support the second amendment but are witholding some products. what a laugh.

nativeks

Cabelas pulled their sponsorship. As much as I dislike celebrity hunters, there are a bunch of them jumping ship also.

TauntoHawk

I wavered whether to go or not, I always go but finally decided me and my wife will not attend. I do plan on going during that time to cabelas and purchasing a new handgun to show them my support.

It's the principle of the matter, stand for your rights if you believe in them. 
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

turkey_slayer

Quote from: TauntoHawk on January 20, 2013, 10:08:19 AM
I wavered whether to go or not, I always go but finally decided me and my wife will not attend. I do plan on going during that time to cabelas and purchasing a new handgun to show them my support.

It's the principle of the matter, stand for your rights if you believe in them.

Been several that decided to back out. Lancaster archery (biggest archery retailer prob anywhere), lee and tiff, vicki and Ralph, Fred eichler, cabelas and I know there's more. It's really cut and dry. Your either for the 2nd amendment or against it

turkey_slayer

Heres a link I just found that lists the vendors and people who have decided not to attend. From what I understand is the show is keeping the deposits of those that backed out even though they are breaking the contract agreement?

http://www.pagunblog.com/2013/01/18/eastern-sports-and-outdoor-show-bans-modern-rifles-magazines/

turkey_slayer

Heres another list I just found on another forum.

Cabela's

Blaine Anthony, The Bear Whisperer

Boondock Outdoors

Trop Gun Shop

DuckWater Boats Dover Ohio

Lancaster Archery Supply

Nature Blinds, LLC

Whitetail Bosses

Domari Nolo Defense Consulting

Wired Outdoors

Atlantic Tactical

Direct Action Tactical Firearms

Cutting Edge Bullets

Dead Ringer

Kinsey's Outdoors

Open Season TV

X- Stand Treestands

HookHunt

Full Circle Outdoors

Hunters and Guides Connection

Alaska's Ravencroft Lodge

Cross Canyon Arms

Fred Eichler - Fulldraw Outfitters

Ralph & Vicki Cianciarulo - Archers Choice Media

Wyvern Creations

Stokerized Stabilizers

Woodcock Limited of Pennsylvania

My Northeast Outdoors

Arrowhead Outdoors

Midwest Whitetail Outdoors

CanCooker

2 Million Bullets

Firearms Industry Consulting Group

Northern Hideaway Outfitters

Zook Cabins

The Warmbag

Athens Archery

Mountain Dog Chews

Dominator 365

Northern Outdoor Lodge

Droptine Outfitters

Keystone Country Store

CT Spur Collector

I say BOYCOTT, don't support the show. You just bump into too many people anyway...............it's also flu season.

In all seriousness, we need to pull together and stand strong.

PANYHunter

Thanks for posting that link and list of companies pulling out. I will be sure to give them my business. It is interesting that this is the same company that does the SHOT show.

lmbhngr

i was going to take my son but now I will not. We as a people have the power. Don`t go to the show! Hit them in the pocketbook just like they will be doing to us when they raise all ammo costs pretty soon!

turkey_slayer

Quote from: PANYHunter on January 20, 2013, 02:44:39 PM
Thanks for posting that link and list of companies pulling out. I will be sure to give them my business. It is interesting that this is the same company that does the SHOT show.

That's what blows my mind. They also put on the SHOT show which was what last week? Didn't ban them there so why do it here? Reeds, who holds both, is based out of the UK which I find strange

tomstopper

My wife & I were going to go for my birthday, but I think we will save our money......

TrackeySauresRex

"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

turkey_slayer

I'm still waiting on the nra to back out of it. They should have been first but I guess they are giving them time to see if they will change back. I wouldn't have and if they don't that will not look good on them. This topic is blowing up on other forums

turkey_slayer

Add Roger Raglin
T-Bone/Wadell
The Kiskys
Cheaper Than Dirt
Midway USA
Dr. James kroll
Keefer brothers