Main Menu

A Picture is Worth a Thousand Words

Started by 3" 870 Shell Shucker, January 19, 2013, 07:40:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

3" 870 Shell Shucker

longspur

yes. and thats alot more ammo than I've seen lately

3" 870 Shell Shucker

3 Boxes of Federal Premium 40 S&W was ALL of the handgun ammo they had.

The rest was 22 Hornet, 35 Whelen, 45-70 Govt., 444 Marlin, and shotgun ammo.

spurz

Looks like every Wal-Mart I have been in central Ohio. >:(

redarrow

Looks like my local Wal Mart and the Meijers store too.

kansas hooks

That looks like every sporting store i have been in over the past month.

Kylongspur88

I managed to find one box of 22s yesterday. Shelves are bare here too.

Eric Gregg

I just got a kel-tec P11 and the gunsmith we bought it from gave me 9 bullets to go with it....just so I could try it out. This was two days before Obama's speach last week.
Little did I know that it would be the only ammo that I could get for this gun.
I checked roughly twenty online stores....everything was on back order
I finally found a sporting good store online that had them in stock.
Lucky that I found them because all that I would have had was 9 rounds that are not the best for personal defense.

blackswamp

I stopped by the local gun store yesterday & they just got a bunch of 9mm ammo in.  :z-guntootsmiley:
Life is hard, its even harder when you're stupid!- JOHN WAYNE

Sand Man

Looks like all the local Academy's around here.

The store I get all my reloading components from told me they did 4 million in sales in one month.  I had buddies ordering 15K primers.   ::)

Let the little twenty EAT!!!!

tomstopper

Found three boxes of Winchester Supreme turkey loads (the same as I have I used for the last 4 seasons) and bought them all @ $11.27/box. Also picked up some ammo for my 270 win. Cashier told me that the truck had come in that morning & the shelves looked just like the ones posted & it was only noon... Get it well you can.

Tail Feathers

I was told by a customer at the local Academy Sporting Goods store that about 60 guys lined up before opening on ammos delivery day and literally run to the ammo aisle.  I sure hope this clears up in a few weeks.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

TURKEYWHACKER

Been in several in the last couple of weeks and it's like Old Mother Hubbards cupboard in the ammo department. How much were they selling the .444's for?

Oconeeguy

Man-o-man. We all need to collectively take a deep breath. I too have been caught up in this ammo frenzy. Felt i had to obtain all the Hevi-13  3-2-#6 that i could find. But with sober reflection, the only thing this will generate is higher demand for ammo and you guessed it, higher prices. In my opinion, the current situation does not warrant a need to stock up on anything othr than .223 and maybe 7x39.

tomstopper

Quote from: Oconeeguy on January 20, 2013, 09:28:05 AM
Man-o-man. We all need to collectively take a deep breath. I too have been caught up in this ammo frenzy. Felt i had to obtain all the Hevi-13  3-2-#6 that i could find. But with sober reflection, the only thing this will generate is higher demand for ammo and you guessed it, higher prices. In my opinion, the current situation does not warrant a need to stock up on anything othr than .223 and maybe 7x39.
I agree to a point. Here in NY our laws are forcing myself an others to buy as much ammo as possible while we can. The cashier told me that soon the stores are going to have to start doing background checks & notify the police if a person buys more than 100 rds at a time. That means every time I buy ammo 1) I get charged a fee added onto the ammo for the background check & 2) Someone knows what & how much ammo I am buying, & 3) The police are involved (I sometimes purchase 200rds for when we do skeet shoots). I have nothing to hide but do believe I should have some privacy. This forces me to buy ammo now b/c I don't want to buy ANY when all this BS comes into effect.