turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

New shotgun recommendation

Started by Gut Pile, January 16, 2013, 07:44:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gut Pile

Does anyone have any recommendations for me for a possible new Turkey shotgun? I currently have a mosberg 500 bantam that are purchased for my kids. I am looking for something for me. As I sold my mosberg 935 water foul gun last fall. I normally would have just used that. Thanks
about the best religion can possibly do, is maybe make you a nice person, where as a relationship with Jesus Christ can make you a new creation

Gamblinman

"I don't hunt turkeys because I want to. I hunt turkeys because I have to."

vaturkey

If your pocketbook will allow I would get a Benelli . I love my 2. Also a Remington 1187 or 870 are great guns. It just depends how much you want to spend. Good luck with whatever you choose !  :icon_thumright:

vaturkey   :newmascot:
Vaturkey

tomstopper

1187 =great gun, but my favorite is my old Winchester 1300. Killed a lot of birds with it.....

chatterbox

WildSpur

Mossy fan here.  Really like my 20" 835.  Carries like a carbine.  No frills, its just a work horse.

I can't deny though--I really want to get my hands on an 870 with the shur shot stock.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

Cluck more, yelp less

lightsoutcalls

I shoot a second hand 870 (3" shells) 12 gauge.  It is an NWTF 30 year anniversary commemorative gun.  Someone won it at a local banquet and traded it in without ever shooting it.  It has served me well on all of my turkey hunts.  I don't have a problem with used guns as long as they are in good shape.  I love my 870.
Lights Out custom calls - what they're dying to hear!

ctwny1

Checkout Stoeger 3000 or the 3500

Gooserbat

You can always spend more but an 870 is just hard to beat.  Accessories are also plentiful.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

tha bugman

GSLAM95

Quote from: vaturkey on January 16, 2013, 08:28:22 PM

If your pocketbook will allow I would get a Benelli . I love my 2. Also a Remington 1187 or 870 are great guns. It just depends how much you want to spend. Good luck with whatever you choose !  :icon_thumright:

vaturkey   :newmascot:
X2!

Apologizing:  does not always mean you are wrong and the other person is right. 
It just means that you value your relationship more than your ego.

30_06

I am partial to the Ithaca Turkeyslayer. Might be worth a look.

Thomas6689

Mossberg 835 for the money you cant beat them.

budtripp

Benelli SBE2 if you want to spend some cash, mossy 835 or 870 express if you want inexpensive, or maybe an 11-87 or 870 supermag if you want somewhere in between.

WVhuntEER

My dad and I both shoot  Benelli Supernova's.  It flat out patterns great.  Great looking gun, for a great price.  Both of ours is topped with a Nikon turkey reticle scope.  It will reach out and touch the turkeys!     If you want an auto and have the money get a Benelli SBEII.