OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Used 835

Started by Cory, January 15, 2013, 11:40:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cory

I have an guy that wants too trade with me. My Savage 10 .243 for his 835.
I already have a 870 and a SX3 for turkeys. But i really want to try an 835.
Problem is when i talked to him he said he has shot it about 60 times without a choke tube.
Its about 5 years old so im not sure about the value of it.
Should i forget and look for another "deal"?

chatterbox

I wouldn't. No telling the damage done to those choke threads. You already have two really good turkey guns.
I would wait for a better deal to come along.

archery1

them threads are prolly worn out,,, if it really bugs u get a choke..see if it threads properly then go from there,... i wouldnt trade but thats just me.. what else did he do to the gun ?????????
Take a kid hunting

davisd9

First does he know enough about guns to know that there could be a flush tube in the barrel.  He may be thinking that the choke tube should stick out.  I am not sure how safe it is to shoot through the end of a barrel with no choke multiple times.  I would visually inspect it myself and if there is absolutely no choke in the barrel then I would start my search else where.  Good Luck!
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

outdoors

Quote from: davisd9 on January 16, 2013, 07:34:24 AM
First does he know enough about guns to know that there could be a flush tube in the barrel.  He may be thinking that the choke tube should stick out.  I am not sure how safe it is to shoot through the end of a barrel with no choke multiple times.  I would visually inspect it myself and if there is absolutely no choke in the barrel then I would start my search else where.  Good Luck!
.              X2 ,  :icon_thumright:
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

stinkpickle