Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

New York, the home state of Remington Arms Company is Outlawing Pistol-Grips

Started by 3" 870 Shell Shucker, January 15, 2013, 10:27:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

3" 870 Shell Shucker

New York, the home state of Remington Arms Company is Outlawing Pistol-Grip Shotguns, calling them assault weapons.

Old Gobbler

its the stupidest piece of legislation ever created - what a crock of BS

Just think George Washington led the continental army in open Battle against the British In New York State and eventually won us Independence - where the hell would this county be today had it not been for our militia -

:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

nyhunter

Being from New York I can say this is total Crap. Our Governor wants to have the "first and strictest" gun law's so he can say to the rest of the country "see what i did". He has another agenda that the rest of this country needs to know about. This guy wants to run for president so please take note of what this Idiot is doing. I'm almost ashamed to have my name be nyhunter . Sorry everyone I needed to vent...

Proud to be an AMERICAN..Disgusted with our GOVERNMENT..   

gobbler74

Remington needs to move operations to the south where we are way more accepting.
"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail"

Dallen92

The piece of news that I read about this said that the piece of legislation did not apply to pistol grip shotguns. Either way though I feel they are going to far with this.
Here is a link to what all the law includes.
http://www.syracuse.com/news/index.ssf/2013/01/details_about_new_yorks_new_gu.html

Spring_Woods

Quote from: nyhunter on January 16, 2013, 09:10:40 AM
Being from New York I can say this is total Crap. Our Governor wants to have the "first and strictest" gun law's so he can say to the rest of the country "see what i did". He has another agenda that the rest of this country needs to know about. This guy wants to run for president so please take note of what this Idiot is doing. I'm almost ashamed to have my name be nyhunter . Sorry everyone I needed to vent...

Proud to be an AMERICAN..Disgusted with our GOVERNMENT..   

I imagine its how I felt being from ohio this past election when the state voted for Obama phones and a bigger entitlement check.
"Was that a gobble?":gobble:

TauntoHawk

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

dirt road ninja

Quote from: gobbler74 on January 16, 2013, 09:45:58 AM
Remington needs to move operations to the south where we are way more accepting.

Yep - we would welcome he manufactoring jobs.

fallsflight

Quote from: gobbler74 on January 16, 2013, 09:45:58 AM
That was tried years ago on a smaller scale and then scraped as the guns were falling apart in the boxes and were sent to Ilion for repair.  Moving Remington only effects other gun owners, hunters and 2nd amendment supporters and we need our jobs too.  Remington is in a location where we hunt, fish, trap, camp, ride atvs, drive trucks, snowmobiles and the list goes on.  We are nothing like the libs of NYC who jammed this law down our throats and are the only ones affected by these unconstitutional laws.  The libs would like nothing more than to see this company that has been in this area for almost 200 years providing generations of GUN OWNERS employment.  Staying where they are and taking a stand against this crap and hopefully turning this de facto gun ban around us what needs to happen otherwise gun owners are going to lose this fight.  Remington is Ilion and Ilion is Remington and we will not give up the fight against liberals who want to take our guns. 

tactikel

I feel your pain, I live in Illinois and figure am about a year from having the same legislation being passed. My Moss. 835 with a knoxx stock an "assault weapon", unbelievable!! I know this isn't the proper forum but please get involved. I re-upped my membership in the NRA, paid for a membership for my son-in-law, contacted every one of my elected officials. I humbly ask you to consider the same.

allaboutshooting

QuoteI know this isn't the proper forum but please get involved. I re-upped my membership in the NRA, paid for a membership for my son-in-law, contacted every one of my elected officials. I humbly ask you to consider the same.

It's that important.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

paladin

Hey NYhunter. Sorry to hear your government is jacking you around. We know alot of reasonable people happen to live in the state,
"have gun-will travel"