turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Handgun that works with NY ban???

Started by tomstopper, January 15, 2013, 09:52:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomstopper

Guys just wondering if you have any suggestions on some hand guns that I would be able to purchase and carrynow that the Dems/Libs have taken away my rights here in NY. I am looking for a .40 cal or .45cal that I can carry that only holds 7 or less rounds. I have found some but just want some opinions b/f purchasing. I seen the LC9 from the post "Conceal Carry Handgun" but didn't see anyone else posting any with such a small capacity. Thanks for any advice.

lmbhngr

thats where the problem is going to be greatest. Noone makes a five shot clip!

budtripp

most magazines for 1911's are seven rounders

HARDCORE

My opinion would be for you and your family to move far, far away. It's only going to get worse, especially in the big cities like NY.

Seriously, I wouldn't do anything as of yet, the new legislation has many flaws in it. Changes/Amendments are sure to follow. Whats legal or illegal today may not be the case tomorrow or next month.

Then again, you could just move South, other than Florida, I'm pretty confident that we're keeping our guns and rights the same.  ;)

HC

Old Gobbler

Quote from: Hardcore on January 15, 2013, 10:12:40 PM
My opinion would be for you and your family to move far, far away. It's only going to get worse, especially in the big cities like NY.

Seriously, I wouldn't do anything as of yet, the new legislation has many flaws in it. Changes/Amendments are sure to follow. Whats legal or illegal today may not be the case tomorrow or next month.

Then again, you could just move South, other than Florida, I'm pretty confident that we're keeping our guns and rights the same.  ;)

HC
Hey !!!Whats wrong with Florida !!!( insert image and sound of spitting beer up at computer monitor)  I love the sound of crackling gun fire ,as I rest my weary head on my pillow it makes me fall asleep better - we are a perfectly safe state to live in , so long as you keep your pistol in your lap while you drive your car down the freeway

Ronnie , I got a GENUINE CHROME PLATED .25 rimfire  Raven Jam-o-matic Saturday night special - with pearl white " New Orleans Pimp " grips-I will swap it for your .50 Barnet  Rifle - even trade -  :D

The news of the NY State ban is troubling , not sure if there is loopholes you can dance through , like if your mags , and higher cap pistols will be grandfathered in - or the current sale of them within state lines is prohibited   

The Rugers are nice and slim , the LCP380 , just about anyone can hide very well - the 9 version looks tempting -

I would recommend you go all out and get the highest quality carry pistol you can afford, it may be a choice you will have to live with

:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

3" 870 Shell Shucker

The Government Model 1911 in .45ACP with standard issue flush-fitting magazines held 7 rounds in the mag, but some current 1911s ship with 8 round magazines, which have always been popular add-ons for 1911s.

savduck

You can keep your current 10 round clip, but can only load it with 7 rounds. If they catch you with more than 7 rounds they will cite you with a misdemenor. I was reading up on it tonight. You do have to get rid of your extended clips, they are giving you a year to sell them out of state or destroy them.

What worries me is that probably now opens all of you law abiding citizens to home searches. Im afraid this is just the beginning.

They are nailing you guys with ammunition now. You will have to go through a back ground check, and only buy it from an FFL with limits on the amount. If you order online, you have to have it sent to an FFL.....so now a 15 dollar box of shells off the internet just cost you the shell price, the extra shipping fees, plus a probably 25 dollar FFL transfer fee......40 dollars give or take for 15 box of 5 shells.
Georgia Boy

Old Gobbler

man the more I hear about this , the worse it sounds --

I wonder If a NY resident can purchase over the counter ammunition in another state and cross back over NY lines and posses it ? like they do with cigarettes on reservations

As far as pistol grips go , I wonder if you can convert your pistol grip shotgun or AR to a thumbhole and keep it?
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

lmbhngr

Typical NY politics turning the tables on the honest guys. What they can`t see from behind their perfect little bubble is that the crooks,muggers,rapists,etc. already have what they need to keep committing more crimes. Do you really think the bad guys are gonna start being legal upstanding citizens just because you passed some stupid assanined ban? Good job MORONS!!

savduck

What happened to the Democratic process of allowing citizens to vote. Shouldnt the people of NY have a say so?

Nope, apparently not.

Shannon. The wording I read was that it was considered an assualt weapon if it had any 1 characteristic from The original assualt weapons ban, plus they have added more. Just think, every law abiding citizen that has registered firearms could now be considered a felon....which gives them probable cause to come search your home.
Georgia Boy

savduck

PS....what I read some of the republican representatives from the upstate areas have good heads on the shoulders. I read some good quotes from them about it. they are fighting on yalls side.
Georgia Boy

lightsoutcalls

As for a 7 round .45...  I would check this out... if I had an extra $900 to toss around...

Para Ordinance Slim Hog

I know nothing about Para Ordinance, but have always liked the look of the Warthog.  The Warthog has a 10 round magazine.
Lights Out custom calls - what they're dying to hear!

BOFF

Though expensive, Kahr Arms has pistols to fit your needs.

The PM45 is 5+1 capacity.
The CW45 and P45 are 6+1 capacity.

The 40s are the same

PM40, CW40, P40

I have used Kahr in the past and like them.

God Bless,
David B.

davisd9

http://www.gandermountain.com/modperl/product/details.cgi?pdesc=Taurus-740-Slim-Handgun&i=694161

Holds 6 in the magazine.  Can also get it with the stainless steel slide.  Have had experience with the gun in 9 mm and have heard great things about it.  Have a cop friend that carries this one as his backup weapon.
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

tomstopper

Thanks folks. You all have been extremely helpful. God Bless in these troubling times........