turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Who is going lighter this season?

Started by Tail Feathers, January 15, 2013, 07:09:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tail Feathers

I'm dropping down to a bottle of water in my Gobbler Lounger sack, some mouth calls and a pot call in a case on my belt this spring.  At least some of the time.  I use mouth calls 90% of the time and a pot call some.  I love box calls but don't use them often.

The lounger allows me to be patient by sitting still and comfortable.  Now where should I stash my toilet paper? ;D

Oh yeh, I plan on losing 10-15 pound before the opener.  Sure seems to help.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

whiskey

Quote from: Tail Feathers on January 15, 2013, 07:09:06 PM
Oh yeh, I plan on losing 10-15 pound before the opener.  Sure seems to help.

I have been pretty light for the last few years. The weight I seem to add is around my waist. I have been on the treadmill more this winter so hopefully that will help.

savduck

Im cutting back big time. Dropping a couple pots, a box, and some strikers. Carrying a scratch box instead and only one pot. Most everything else will be hanging around my neck...trumpet and mouthcalls.
Georgia Boy

gob09

im going lighter as well since i have a lounger and a new auto. shotgun nearly 8.lbs i had to loose weight somewhere
im only going to carry mouth calls 2 trumpets and 2 pots the best brother i could ever have got me something like a fanny pack but we call it call bag doesnt sound as sissy

paboxcall

Went super light last year hunting off a mountain bike.  On old single shot H&R in original Mossy Oak Bottomland, a water bottle on the bike, seat cushion strapped to the rack, a short box in a holster off the belt, a Hegler trumpet, a scratcher in the shirt pocket and a mouth call.  Couple necessity items in the cargo pockets of my pants and away I go.  Very mobile.

That's it. 

Used to carry a vest that must have weighed 85 pounds.  Never put it on last year.

A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods. Yoder409
Over time...they come to learn how little air a good yelper actually requires. ChesterCopperpot

Thomas6689

All i ever take is two mouth calls my shotgun and maybe a cushion of some sort if the ground is wet