turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

You poor NY boys

Started by savduck, January 15, 2013, 06:59:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jakesdad

Looks to me like the 10/22 just became an "assault rifle" in NY because it can take more than 8 bullets.Idiots.

"There are turkey hunters and people who hunt turkeys.I hope I am remembered as a turkey hunter"

tomstopper

Quote from: jakesdad on January 15, 2013, 07:34:47 AM
Looks to me like the 10/22 just became an "assault rifle" in NY because it can take more than 8 bullets.Idiots.
Along with basically every semi-auto pistol that I own & I refuse to give any up (notice it did not say anything about grandfathering any). I am seriously thinking about moving out of this state, but I will wait to see what the Fed Gov. proposes first. Probably wont even matter. Our country is going to crap faster than ever. 7 rounds is just another number that the democrats have figured out so that they can get all our firearms. Just stupid.

savduck

I'll tell ya this. I had plans to come hunt in NY one day. Me and my money. Not now.

I have a buddy Whose uncle had a tree fall on him and lost the use of his arm and partial vision. He was a huge outdoorsman. The only way he can enjoy hunting with one arm is by use of a semi auto shotgun with sights and pistol grip. Now if he lived in NY he would be totally stripped of his right to own that firearm, his ability to hunt, and technically a criminal for owning it.

Right now in the state of GA he is still killing things.

Just think of how many wounded military veterans hunt  that may have similar problems. Many find hunting as the only sport that allows them to cope with PTSD. This law is limiting their ability now. It's a Sad day to me. Chipping away piece by piece.
Georgia Boy

davisd9

This is very unfortunate for the law abiding citizens of New York! 
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

FANMAN

Very sad...This type of legislation will not stop the criminal..but will make many law abiding citizens law breakers...insane.

CASH

I don't know which state is worse these days, New York or Commiefornia.
A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.

njdevilsb

Are they saying any weapon that holds more than 7 in the magazine is going to be considered an assault weapon?

Being a New Yorker and thinking I may not be able to go to the camp and plink targets with my current .22 and 10 round magazine is really annoying me right now.

allaboutshooting

Everyone in every state needs to contact his legislators, both state and federal and let them know how you feel and that you oppose any additional restrictive gun laws. The time to act is now. It's too important to sit on the sidelines.

Thanks,
Clark

P.S. If you haven't already, please take a look at the "Ruger" thread here, use it and pass it along to everyone you know.
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

spaightlabs

:TrainWreck1:

Bad law.  Overly aggressive.  Background check to buy ammo?  C'mon MAN!

30_06

There should be a lawsuit about this soon...unless someone is asleep at the switch.

CT Spur Collector

I'm so sorry for all you great patriots and hunters in the state of New York. A state where great turkey hunters as Kirby(God rest his soul) and Bustski came from and gave back so much to the sport and the NWTF. What a shame this is!  I love to travel to NY, hunt and site see but guess what? No more for me, I'll keep my money and never step foot back in the state, sorry. As long as Cuomo and cronies are running the place, you boy boys are going to have it rough. What really scares me is, that nutball will probably run for pres in 2016!

If I were Remmington, I'd pack it up and leave. Sorry, I know that means job losses but maybe those are the things it takes to wise up those Libheads up there.

Good luck guys/girls, try to have a good spring.

turkey_slayer

Bunch of idiots. Sounds like the only one that had any sense was the republican that responded at the end

Tail Feathers

And no guns are grandfathered?  That makes it even worse...as if it weren't bad enough to begin with. :TrainWreck1:

I may go buy me a 10-22 tomorrow in protest!
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

fallsflight

Quote from: CT Spur Collector on January 15, 2013, 04:49:27 PM
If I were Remmington, I'd pack it up and leave. Sorry, I know that means job losses but maybe those are the things it takes to wise up those Libheads up there.

Good luck guys/girls, try to have a good spring.

We prefer they stay right in the Mohawk Valley where they have been for almost 200 years and the courts see this for what it is; infringement on our constitutional rights and overturn this nonsense.