OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

You poor NY boys

Started by savduck, January 15, 2013, 06:59:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spring_Woods

Gun control is usually political suicide.

All it needs now is a renewed push from lobbyist, Americans, and politicians in favor of the constitution to combat anti gun extremism.

I swear if republicans screw this up I'm looking very hard at the Libertarian party.
"Was that a gobble?":gobble:

lmbhngr

WE`re not all bad up here savduck! You southerners have more support from us yankees than you think :TooFunny: Unfortunately, the liberals in NY are 9 million strong!! If they would make NYC a separate state we`d be all set.

fallsflight

Quote from: lmbhngr on January 20, 2013, 04:31:44 PM
WE`re not all bad up here savduck! You southerners have more support from us yankees than you think :TooFunny: Unfortunately, the liberals in NY are 9 million strong!! If they would make NYC a separate state we`d be all set.

What most  don't seem to realize, this isn't what NY wanted. It's what NYC and the likes of Cuomo wanted. Where Remington is located is vastly different from NYC. We get home from work, we jump on atvs, snowmobiles, go hunting out our back door, fish in the numerous creeks, lakes and ponds, go to high school football games, drive big trucks, camp, hike, and the list goes on. This is all right in our backyards. We did not vote this guy in office nor did we vote for this president. Unfortunately, we get out voted by those from down state. All our rep senators from this area voted against this unconstitutional bill that has now become law. So not all of NY is what many assume. Heck, we don't even have the same accents. We sound nothing like that loud mouth you hear on tv and radio.  There are tons of fellow 2nd amendment supporters, hunters and gun enthusiasts like all of you.  Just some perspective on the great difference between down state and this area. We need to get this overturned in the courts and it is already in the works. __________________ No freeman shall be debarred the use

savduck

I have many friends from the upstate. Everybody is pretty cool. NYC is a whole nother world. Ive got one buddy has lived his whole life in NY and only been to NYC once. Said that was enough.
Georgia Boy

fallsflight

Quote from: savduck on January 20, 2013, 05:41:23 PM
I have many friends from the upstate. Everybody is pretty cool. NYC is a whole nother world. Ive got one buddy has lived his whole life in NY and only been to NYC once. Said that was enough.

Same with me, lived upstate my whole life and went to NYC couple years ago for first time and more less did it as a favor.  Felt very out of place and don't plan on going back.  Just got through with a diver hunt down in the gulf with some Alabama boys.  Much more in common with them.

lmbhngr

I myself would much rather live in the south than up here. To much beauracratic BS! The people are much nicer.

kruk

Watch the short (:50ish) video in this link. New York seemed to be closer to outright confiscation than most thought. When it didn't go to vote the democrat (old dude) begged the republican to not release the "rejected proposals" the democrats were trying for.

http://www.thecommentator.com/article/2495/ny_democrat_pleads_with_republican_not_to_share_document_proposing_confiscation_of_guns

jim67

Hey kolks,this gun control crap is getting waaay outa control!! The anti American treasonist libtards are using every angle to disarm the American people.We MUST stand up and make our voices heard, no petitions,done with that.Call,Email,call,Email again and again your reps.We cant sit this one out anymore, were done.For those of you that think "they wont come for mine because all I have is hunting guns" WRONG! they will come, and that nice Winchester model 12 will be history,if we let them. Do NOT let them. Stand up for freedom, our founding fathers did.Get ready for a battle.

tomstopper

CT Spur Collector

Have any lawsuits been filed(that anybody knows of) in Albany against this bill yet?  Just curious.  I would think some attorney is all over this. 

fallsflight

:welcomeOG:
Quote from: CT Spur Collector on January 22, 2013, 06:43:06 PM
Have any lawsuits been filed(that anybody knows of) in Albany against this bill yet?  Just curious.  I would think some attorney is all over this.
There is a lawyer out in Buffalo that is planning on taking this on pro bono.  Also, the NYSPRA has issued a statement asking that people to be patient, as they along with the NRA have formed a legal team to go over everything with fine tooth comb and get a plan together so they can proceed.

jim67

Good,now they need someone to saddle the bronc and go impeach this SOB.

lmbhngr

I think they should start with the fact that the senators only had 20 minutes to review the bill instead of 48 hrs! That would be a good start.

CT Spur Collector

Quote from: fallsflight on January 22, 2013, 07:10:26 PM
There is a lawyer out in Buffalo that is planning on taking this on pro bono.  Also, the NYSPRA has issued a statement asking that people to be patient, as they along with the NRA have formed a legal team to go over everything with fine tooth comb and get a plan together so they can proceed.

Good, stay steady and keep up the support for the good guys in your General Assembly, they need it. Keep plugging away with letters and e-mails.

turkey_slayer

Quote from: CT Spur Collector on January 23, 2013, 09:30:28 PM
Quote from: fallsflight on January 22, 2013, 07:10:26 PM

Good, stay steady and keep up the support for the good guys in your General Assembly, they need it. Keep plugging away with letters and e-mails.

I'm starting to think letters and emails are a waste of time. I believe force will be the only way to get thru and I honestly believe it will come to that its just a matter of when.  With that said, i have emailed and signed petitions for the last 2 weeks till my fingers hurt