OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

You poor NY boys

Started by savduck, January 15, 2013, 06:59:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

savduck

Good luck, yall have another dictator at the helm thats almost as bad as Obama. Im sure the ol mayor of NYC was very influential in your governors decision.

I had planned one day to come visit and hunt the upstate, I know its a whole different world from NYC. I have never wanted to go to the heart of the city, but probably would just to say Ive done it. NOW, Im in full boycott mode.They wont get a dime of my money until they turn this around, I will not support a dictatorship that spits in the face of its citizens.
Georgia Boy

Spring_Woods

I have no idea why all the gun companies are situated in liberal states. One would think these gun mfgrs would look south to setup shop.
"Was that a gobble?":gobble:

fallsflight

Quote from: savduck on January 15, 2013, 07:58:48 PM
Good luck, yall have another dictator at the helm thats almost as bad as Obama. Im sure the ol mayor of NYC was very influential in your governors decision.

I had planned one day to come visit and hunt the upstate, I know its a whole different world from NYC. I have never wanted to go to the heart of the city, but probably would just to say Ive done it. NOW, Im in full boycott mode.They wont get a dime of my money until they turn this around, I will not support a dictatorship that spits in the face of its citizens.

Thanks, we need it.  And NY is just the start,  more states are bound to follow suit.  We are hoping that he knew that most of this might get overturned in the courts and is just using this for his run for the White House in 2016 (a failed attempt hopefully) to say look at me, look at me, I at least was the first Gov to act on this.  And yes, NYC is a WHOLE different world from this part of the state.  I was talked into going to NYC once a couple years ago.  Felt very out of place and never plan on going back. 

lmbhngr

I think the ban is targeted at guns with a clip not a tube loaded weapon. Shotguns were not the issue it was the assault weapons. Pistols on the other hand; got reduced from a 10 shot clip to the 7 shot clip. How many people have ever bought a 7 shot clip? Are they even available? I live in upstate NY; not proud of it at all. Beautiful geography crappy politics!!

savduck

You need to read those rules carefully....your pistol grip pump shotgun or your pump gun with red dot sight is now classified as an assualt weapon. Your 15 dollar 5 round box of turkey shells order over the internet just turned into 40 dollar box after shipping and the new rule to have it shipped to an FFL dealer (Cost of shells, shipping, and federal paperwork transfer fee...usually average 25 bucks).

Ask yourself this.....they put all these rules in place. How are they gonna enforce them....they are gonna use the registrations by law abiding citizens and then come search your house when they feel the time is right. All the wanted was to gain an inch.

Common sense stuff, like cracking down on drug dealers and violent criminals, teaching gun safety and responsible handling techniques is what we should be focused on, not stripping the rights of law abiding citizens.
Georgia Boy

lmbhngr

I understand the whole inch theory; I had a union job for 18 years. I hope you`re wrong on the whole searching my house theory. If it comes to that I think our whole country will be in trouble not just NY. Don`t be fooled for one minute other states aren`t gonna follow suit. Maybe not your state but other states will. How are they gonna enforce background checks on private gun sales? I don`t agree with the bill. I am a gun owner, avid hunter, NWTF member, DU member, NRA member. NY always has done background checks when you purchase from an ffl dealer. They will never know how many guns people really have.

savduck

We do back ground checks here too.

My thought is this, they have yalls registration  list and if they kept the records, they know what type of gun you have and the ammunition capacity becuase of the model. In the world of computers, they pull up the data base, send every citizen a letter stating they know what you have and you have to get rid of it by a said date. They will probably say you have to turn it in somewhere by a set time. If you dont, they label you a criminal and then they come get it.

Maybe Im being extreme, but they sure didnt hesitate to pass this legislation without giving the voters of NY a chance to vote on it yourselves.

The "Prez" makes his announcement tomorrow. Dont think for a moment that his ego will allow this politician from NY to one up him on gun laws. Its coming.
Georgia Boy

njdevilsb

Does anybody know if thumbhole stocks are on the list of those assault weapon characteristics?  I don't have a pistol grip gun, but I do have a thumbhole.

And it seems like this takes effect immediately, am I correct?  I was hoping to place a big order for some Hevi 13 and get it here before this happened, but it might be too late. 

savduck

PS....one of the many articles I read on this said that NJ was next....18 anti gun bills on their state dockett right now. Very similar looking to NY plan.

Not sure about the thumbhole stock. It just said pistol grip style stocks
Georgia Boy

ctwny1

There is a rally this Saturday in downtown Buffalo against this. I want to be there but I have been so sick with the flu.

PANYHunter

It does not look this ban will include semi auto shotguns that hold 5 or less rounds.  10 round mags will be grandfathered but you can only load 7 rounds.
This is just the tip of the iceberg. Cuomo pushed this through to be the first to act after Newtown so he can use it as a feather in his cap for his 2016 presidential campaign (unless Obama declares he can be King for longer). I am more disappointed in the state senators who had this on heir desks for 20 minutes and still voted in favor.
Below are links to a fact sheet and NYS Senator Marchione's petition to repeal and replace the newly passed law.

http://www.nysenate.gov/files/pdfs/Gun%20Law%20Fact%20Sheet%20UPDATE%20-%2009-17.pdf

http://www.nysenate.gov/webform/stand-second-amendment-standing-new-york-state-senator-kathleen-marchione

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lmbhngr

;D They can`t find them they can`t take them!

CB on the run

The whole thing is a mess.  They are trying to legislate criminal conduct which can't be done.  I live and work in New York as a law enforcement officer.  I haven't spoke to another cop who has anything good to say about the enacted legislation.  There are no provisions to exempt law enforcement or retired LE from any of this.  In fact, there is actually no provision to exempt 'on duty' law enforcement.  Our PBA through their legal counsel has assured us that they are working on the issues.  This is a ploy, by an egosentric politician, to put a 'feather in his cap' for a 2016 White House run.  New York, along with many other jurisdictions, has lost most of the school resource officers due to budget constraints, however, in NY we continue to hand out entitlements like water over a dam because it generates votes on the east side of the state(NYC).  Legislation doesn't save lifes, 1st responders do.  One can only reflect on a different outcome for 20 innocent soles in Sandy Hook had there been a school resource officer on location.
  If anyone has a hunt booked in New York and has questions or concerns on the type of firearm they plan on bringing, PM me and I will attempt to answer you question.

lmbhngr

Weel said CB. Has anyone heard of any further gun legislation in CT?

savduck

Quote from: CB on the run on January 18, 2013, 11:57:00 AM
  The whole thing is a mess.  They are trying to legislate criminal conduct which can't be done.  I live and work in New York as a law enforcement officer.  I haven't spoke to another cop who has anything good to say about the enacted legislation.  There are no provisions to exempt law enforcement or retired LE from any of this.  In fact, there is actually no provision to exempt 'on duty' law enforcement.  Our PBA through their legal counsel has assured us that they are working on the issues.  This is a ploy, by an egosentric politician, to put a 'feather in his cap' for a 2016 White House run.  New York, along with many other jurisdictions, has lost most of the school resource officers due to budget constraints, however, in NY we continue to hand out entitlements like water over a dam because it generates votes on the east side of the state(NYC).  Legislation doesn't save lifes, 1st responders do.  One can only reflect on a different outcome for 20 innocent soles in Sandy Hook had there been a school resource officer on location.
  If anyone has a hunt booked in New York and has questions or concerns on the type of firearm they plan on bringing, PM me and I will attempt to answer you question.

We southerners didnt think there were guys like you left in the north. Glad your on our side. Hope you guys get it all worked out up there.
Georgia Boy