turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Turkey Vest

Started by turkeyaddiction, January 14, 2013, 07:20:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

turkeyaddiction

I was hoping you all could help me out with what features and brands you prefer in a turkey vest.  Does a certain brand have a feature that you like more than another?  Do you like big pockets or a bunch of smaller ones?  Is there anything better about a certain brand of turkey vest?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Onpoint

Most the time I don't even wear one, but I have a basspro bucklick creek lounger.  It has a self supporting seat, which I really like. When u flip the seat down it locks in giving you full back support. Its very comfortable, and with this design if there's no tree to set up against you can still sit comfortably. Hope this helps, best of luck.
Justin

agturkey

Cabelas speed seat!  20 plus yrs best vest on market IMO
http://www.cabelas.com/turkey-hunting-seats.shtml

FttFttVroom!

A nice thick seat, lots of sand burs where I hunt!

redarrow

Quote from: FttFttVroom! on January 15, 2013, 01:32:45 PM
A nice thick seat, lots of sand burs where I hunt!
As well as a thick pad for your back. Them trees get hard.

Gooserbat

I find most are overloaded with pockets but A good seat is a must.  I use an Ol' Tom and half the pockets stay empty but it's light weight so it works for me.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.