OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Remington synthetic stock

Started by Rev579, January 14, 2013, 12:11:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rev579

Anyone have any luck addressing the hollow feel of the mossy oak stock from Remington? I bought it for an 1100 12ga Mag.
<º))))>< (_(_(_) ><((((º>
Greatest Day Fishing-Ever
Remington 1100 .410, 20g, 20g Mag, 12g
Building a Remington 1100 12g Mag up for Turkey

gobbler74

Get some common foam sheeting or similar. Cut it down into pieces for tighter fit or just roll up several pieces and stuff in your stock tight as possible withouth expanding the stock causing a swell at butt pad. This will deaden hollow noise. You can use several fillers but found that to work better on noise reduction. I even remember some folks on here packing their stocks with old walmart bags. Don't knock it, it works, its cheap. Good luck   
"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail"

Rev579

I like that. I seem to remember a foam I had to use when the less-than-thoughtful DishNetwork guy did his "custom" installation...through the masonry in the front of our house, running that ugly black cable along the side of the house we moved into. I re-ran it, but was left with a gapping hole in the house. I shot some expanding foam into the hole, then cleaned up the overflow, both inside and outside.
As I remembered how well that worked, I wondered how that would work in the stock. All of $5. I then wondered about filling it a bit with some shot, to add some weight too, but wondered about the balance. 
1100 shoot so well. I would bet the heaviest load I could find would still feel better than a regular turkey load in a Mossberg or even 870.
Any thoughts on that approach? I stuff the stock in the meantime. Thanks
<º))))>< (_(_(_) ><((((º>
Greatest Day Fishing-Ever
Remington 1100 .410, 20g, 20g Mag, 12g
Building a Remington 1100 12g Mag up for Turkey

allaboutshooting

Quote from: Rev579 on January 14, 2013, 11:59:30 AM
I like that. I seem to remember a foam I had to use when the less-than-thoughtful DishNetwork guy did his "custom" installation...through the masonry in the front of our house, running that ugly black cable along the side of the house we moved into. I re-ran it, but was left with a gapping hole in the house. I shot some expanding foam into the hole, then cleaned up the overflow, both inside and outside.
As I remembered how well that worked, I wondered how that would work in the stock. All of $5. I then wondered about filling it a bit with some shot, to add some weight too, but wondered about the balance. 
1100 shoot so well. I would bet the heaviest load I could find would still feel better than a regular turkey load in a Mossberg or even 870.
Any thoughts on that approach? I stuff the stock in the meantime. Thanks

Packing peanuts work or as has been mentioned, old plastic bags will also work and they are pretty easy to remove should you want to do that.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."