Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Little something about you ...

Started by davisd9, January 09, 2013, 01:18:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Turkeykiller12

We've got a few hogs here but I have yet to see one. I've always heard once they get started you can't get rid of them. Hopefully they'll stay off my leases.

Sent from this thang that takes pictures, calls people and gets on Internet hunting forums.

boomer

I see the damage they cause where we hunt at. And if we had them here I bet I would hate them also but man are they fun to bow hunt though.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

dirt road ninja

Quote from: davisd9 on January 14, 2013, 07:43:21 PM
Quote from: boomer on January 14, 2013, 07:23:15 PM
Well my is Dan, I'm 38yrs old lived in Nebraska for all of them but 4yrs while I was in the Marines. That's where I got the desire to hunt turkeys being stationed in Beaufort SC. The barber I went too was a big turkey hunter and after listening to his stories. I knew I wanted to try it someday. Saw allot of them down there bass fishing but never got a chance to hunt them.
Now I work for a company making hydraulic pumps. When I'm not not working I'm either bass fishing, waterfowl and turkey hunting. Or working with my new chocolate lab. But I have found my newest thing that I love to bowhunt hogs. Going back to Oklahoma next month. Wished we had them here or lived closer to them.

Need to come back to SC to hunt some hogs.  Trust me you do not want the nasty things.  I dislike them about as much as a coyote.  We have them every where!  Talk to Chris about them, CJ Stahly, he likes to hunt them as well.

Thanks for your service my friend!  :smiley-patriotic-flagwaver-an

I like to shoot them, but rarely hunt them. Hate to clean them, most places I see them is out of a boat.

mbears159

My name is Matt Albers.  When I was 10 months old I took my first steps...just kidding. I will spare you the boring details.  Highlights: Stationed at Shaw AFB SC. I love fishing, hunting (anything in season), and the general outdoors.  I didn't get to hunt much back home, FL.  A city slicker childhood wasn't conducive to hunting except when we went home home to TX.  However, fishing is a different story. Spring breaks and summers were full of in-shore, off-shore and fresh water fishing.  Since my wife and I have been in SC I am knee deep feeding in the hunting addiction (thanks to Chris).
Unfortunately deer season has been slow the past couple years.  But, my inaugural thunder chicken season was with Chris and Don last year.  The first hammer cutting through the morning fog still rings.  In fact, it has been difficult to sleep since this recent warm spell and the smell of spring is in the air. Needless to say, I am looking forward to another successful season with great hunting buddies.

Goals this season:
Kill/Harvest my first bird this year
Kill/Harvest one with my bow.

If life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade...And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka and have a party.
-Ron White-