OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

If you plan to buy ammo of any kind... don't put it off!

Started by lightsoutcalls, January 09, 2013, 12:35:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lightsoutcalls

I recently bought a Ruger LC9 with the intent of getting my CCW soon.  I have been looking at ammo options and prices online for about a week.  I have noticed that numerous selections (bullet weight, type, brand) have been deleted from several websites (sold out).  Several websites have notations that due to huge order increases, shipping may take 3 weeks for orders placed. 

We all know why the rush, so I won't get started...

I just placed an order on Lucky Gunner, which notes they will ship by 3PM of the same day ordered.  I have read a lot of good reviews on this site and they note that they will not subject their customers to the long waits that other sellers do...  Hope they come through.

Long story short... If you have plans of buying any ammo, you need to do it before it runs out.
Lights Out custom calls - what they're dying to hear!

nativeks

My brother bought 600 rds of .223 today. Walmart got a truck in and he got most of it. He called me and I had him go back to buy the rest for me, but it was already gone. You can find alot of pistol calibers here
http://www.freedommunitions.com/default.asp

Sold my Ruger LCP .380 last night. Gonna stick with my XD40. Need to order some more rounds for it come to think of it.

lightsoutcalls

It's my understanding that shooting remanufactured ammo voids the warranty on some handguns - Glock and Ruger included.
Lights Out custom calls - what they're dying to hear!

FANMAN

Quote from: lightsoutcalls on January 09, 2013, 12:35:30 PM
I recently bought a Ruger LC9 with the intent of getting my CCW soon.  I have been looking at ammo options and prices online for about a week.  I have noticed that numerous selections (bullet weight, type, brand) have been deleted from several websites (sold out).  Several websites have notations that due to huge order increases, shipping may take 3 weeks for orders placed. 

We all know why the rush, so I won't get started...

I just placed an order on Lucky Gunner, which notes they will ship by 3PM of the same day ordered.  I have read a lot of good reviews on this site and they note that they will not subject their customers to the long waits that other sellers do...  Hope they come through.

Long story short... If you have plans of buying any ammo, you need to do it before it runs out.

Agreed..I've been trying to buy bulk S&B 9mm for over a month...nobody I,ve found has em. Might be time to try another brand.

nativeks

Springfield will not fix damage or a condition caused by a remanned load, but it still carries the limited warranty. I don't believe Ruger actually carries a warranty but they have great CS.

Freedom also sells new ammo, and they have it in stock if that strikes your fancy.

rrhunter

i bought bulk .223 ammo from luckygunner about a month ago. ordered at about 8 a.m. on Friday morning, and it was on my porch at 10 a.m. on Saturday. excellent service!
COME MARCH 15th.....HEADS WILL ROLL!!!!!!!!

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

Old Gobbler

Walmart is the spot to get ammo

You have to understand they are the worlds biggest retailer and the vendors are under contract to provide them a steady supply -as in no gouging

I always pick up a box or two , and they have a good selection of HPoints in many pistol sizes

.223 ? no telling when that will level out , the anti's have the AR's in the crosshairs -The hi-capacity mags are the item to keep your eyes on, if you want another mag for your glock of AR , try to get that soon ,

When ever this POS legislation surfaces in washington , when mention of certain things like Hi-Cap mags , or a certain model of gun are mentioned - there will be a run on them and the price will go through the roof -

I will call it right now..... they will try or will  impose a super restrictive jacked up tax on all ammunition, firearms , and , components to pay for some kind of federal gun program - they will market it to the media in that manner  
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

Skeeterbait

The time to have stocked up on ammo was last year while there was meat still on the bone.  If you have to buy it now your fighting over scraps. 

If you need certain hard to find loads, check Gunbroker.  it isn't hard and can be shipped directly to you unlike a firearm.  It isn't best prices sometimes, but you can get what you need sometimes when locals and other internet sources are out.  Usually all it takes is emailing a scan of your driver's license to the seller.

Frankinthelaurels

Their hauling it out by the truck loads....again WE are causing our own problem, just like the primer problem from 3-5 years ago.. when will we ever learn.. I live very near one of the largest if not thee largest gun shops in the northeast and what I've seen over the last month is amazing. Thousands of semi auto AR platforms with raised prices going out the door and the fools buying them for $300-500  more than they were before Christmas, the only ones laughing are the manufacturers and the dealers. Why is it that we react so quickly to only a mention of anything in our world.. best part is you can't even use anything built on an AR platform for any type of hunting in PA !! AMAZING

tomstopper

Quote from: Frankinthelaurels on January 10, 2013, 10:30:51 AM
Their hauling it out by the truck loads....again WE are causing our own problem, just like the primer problem from 3-5 years ago.. when will we ever learn.. I live very near one of the largest if not thee largest gun shops in the northeast and what I've seen over the last month is amazing. Thousands of semi auto AR platforms with raised prices going out the door and the fools buying them for $300-500  more than they were before Christmas, the only ones laughing are the manufacturers and the dealers. Why is it that we react so quickly to only a mention of anything in our world.. best part is you can't even use anything built on an AR platform for any type of hunting in PA !! AMAZING
Its not about using them (AR 15's) for hunting. Instead it is about being on the same level playing field as the criminals who obtain assault weapons illegally. I don't trust our government to protect my family when/if laws are passed that put me at a disadvantage. I refuse to be a victim and if I felt that buying an AR at a much higher price would prevent that, I would gladly pay the extra money. I am sure alot of these "nuts" that are stocking up on guns and ammo now have this same mindset. All I can say is that I am glad that I seen this coming and have already planned for it. Good luck and God bless those who haven't.

nativeks

At work we have a contract and we get ammo before it hits the civilian market. We are waiting on 10k rounds and they are sending it to us 500-1k at a time as ammo become available. Its craziness right now.

Eric Gregg

Quote from: Frankinthelaurels on January 10, 2013, 10:30:51 AM

I believe that the "reaction" is valid if you look at how fast Biden and Eric Withholder are going for legislation. Biden scared me when he hinted that "executive orders" could be in play. We have a president that believe that in order to get something done you go around the process of hammering things out in the House and Senate and issue an executive order. That is how he operates.
So, that concerns me that he could use that to get whatever it is that they want.

I want someone to also answer me this question.......WHY DOES ERIC HOLDER STILL HAVE A JOB???

allaboutshooting

I checked with several stores in our area, including 1 big box store and they are literally out of most ammo. Even .22 shells are all gone.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

surehuntsalot

there is no such thing as a 22lr in central Ms. because of the hording
it's not the harvest,it's the chase