OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Lot numbers on Fed Heavyweight???

Started by JKF, January 09, 2013, 09:14:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JKF

Call me dumb, but i can't find a 3u or 3v or anything like that on my boxes of feds...Any help?

jtharpe

should be on the inside of the box. Just a stamped number.

Tom Dooley

The ones I have has 37UT456 on the inside. Is this what is referred to as 3U lot number?

agturkey

JKF

I found it. Looks like I get 3U's also

savduck

Quote from: Tom Dooley on January 09, 2013, 04:52:34 PM
The ones I have has 37UT456 on the inside. Is this what is referred to as 3U lot number?

Yes, that is them. Some guys had decent patterns, some of of didn't with this lot number. They shoot all over the board for me.
Georgia Boy

Tom Dooley

Quote from: savduck on January 10, 2013, 08:25:42 AM
Quote from: Tom Dooley on January 09, 2013, 04:52:34 PM

Yes, that is them. Some guys had decent patterns, some of of didn't with this lot number. They shoot all over the board for me.
Thanks, I only shot one of these at paper. Through a Moss Bantam and a .572 undertaker I got about 120 in the 10 @40,

vaturkey

I just shot some U lot # in my Benelli M2 with the factory full choke & got 125 @ 40 . I'm waiting on the new Trulock tube that will be available at the end of Jan.

vaturkey   :newmascot:
Vaturkey

outdoors

:smiley-char092:  I just got a case of 10 , with a :: 37VT454 , I got a V not a U what's this meen , good or bad ???  Hey Tom post the results for the Trulock I like too know the results , and what rail did you get for yours . Thanks
Ps: 20 ga.
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

Seth B

Lot # 37VT455 Benelli Nova 24" with 570 Jellyhead choke. Puts between 144-160 in the 10" circle at a taped 40.
Your 37VT454 lot should be pretty much same shell.

savduck

Quote from: outdoors on January 10, 2013, 05:29:49 PM
:smiley-char092:  I just got a case of 10 , with a :: 37VT454 , I got a V not a U what's this meen , good or bad ???  Hey Tom post the results for the Trulock I like too know the results , and what rail did you get for yours . Thanks
Ps: 20 ga.

Any of the ones with the V puts up better numbers. You got good ones.

The U lots are usually coming in on the high end in the 120s. Ive had several of my V lots hit in the 170s, but most are putting up 140 to 150 numbers out of the same choke that the U lot shoots 110 to 120 patterns. Thats still a great turkey killing pattern for hunting. That 120 pattern will give you a good 20 ring count to.

Looks like so far everybody else is having the same patterns with the U lots.

DANG IT. I just opened up a case that arrived today. All 3Us. My case the other day was 3V.
Georgia Boy

savduck

Quote from: vaturkey on January 10, 2013, 04:04:25 PM
I just shot some U lot # in my Benelli M2 with the factory full choke & got 125 @ 40 . I'm waiting on the new Trulock tube that will be available at the end of Jan.

vaturkey   :newmascot:

Ive seen two other M2 shoot Feds. One was a factory full and it was about a 110 type pattern. The other was a buddy of a buddy. He shot a sum toy and hit 190. Thats the only shot he took at paper so I dont know if that was a fluke or not. Those M2s like the feds.
Georgia Boy

savduck

Here is why for hunting the 120 patterns are good. If you look at my picture I have three 10 ring circles drawn. It is a 124, 124, 116 patterns for an average of 121. If you look though. say you were to jerk your gun a little or the turkey bobs his head...you have almost 20 inches across all three of those patterns and you still have a Devastating pattern. Dont know if yall notice. down in the bottom corner. I cut one shell open and it contained 330 pellets. I shoot standard poster board and count pellets. That pattern has 92% of the pellets on that poster board.

Here is a perfect example. Dead turkey all day long, but you noticed I flinched, I shoot low and right and caught the bird with the edge of my dense part of the ten ring. Still pretty impressive at 40

And another, same thing, pulled a little. didnt center up. still impressive

Its tough not to like the 150 and higher patterns though (3V lot number). The picture shows a 168, but that circle is about 9.5 inch, the true 10 ring count was in the 170s.

Georgia Boy

outdoors

Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

savduck

Georgia Boy