turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Snakeboots Question?

Started by campcreekfarm, March 03, 2011, 04:13:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jv

Rocky's for the first couple of years but after that no.......my problem is most of the time i get in water deeper them the boots are tall. ::)
Respect the land as well as the game you hunt.

kyhareraiser

BOGS  boot .com  offers a great waterproof snake boot ..style  name is COPPERHEAD ..

bigjb

I took the advice from a buddy & got a pair of danners. They are worth the extra money for comfort & they are waterproof from our experience in Louisiana

trash2

old leather danner (tan colored) are great, not sure about the new ones they are making.

4nwtf

So far so good with my danner pronghorns.

boyhowdy

I got a pair of Danner Jackals, and have had them for 3 or 4 years, they now leak, however they've covered many a mile and have served me well. This year I bought a pair of Danner Pronghorns and have been trying to break them in. Did you guys have problems with them rubbing the back of your leg above the achiles tendon? I've put quite a few miles on them and they are still very uncomfortable to me.

CASH

One thing I do with a new pair of snake boots is put 2 or 3 coats of Kiwi Camp Dry water repellent spray on them.  Combined with the Gore Tex liners, maybe that's why I don't have a problem with leaking so far.
A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.

Dan Mallia

So far so good with my LaCrosse snake charmers  :you_rock: