turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Snakeboots Question?

Started by campcreekfarm, March 03, 2011, 04:13:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

campcreekfarm

Is there really such a thing as waterproof snakeboots?  I have had a few pairs and all of them leaked.  If any of yall have had long term success at any kind will you please post what kind.  Thanks

LX_Trkyhntr

I had several pairs of Rocky snake boots in the past that didn't leak for more than two springs each.  I currently have a pair of Danner Pronhorn snake boots, this will be my 2nd spring with them so I can't say how long they will be waterproof.
Hook's Custom Call Prostaff, Ol'Tom's Elite Team, Vaportrail Archery Prostaff, KTECH Design Prostaff
[IMG]http://i1013.photobucket.com/albums/af259/OpenSeason1/oltom-logo.png[/i

CASH

I've got a pair of Rockies with a Gore Tex liner.  Fourth season wearing them and so far they haven't leaked.
A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.

Basser69

My Lacross did not leak for the first few years but I am on like year 7 with them and well, not 100% dry anymore

shootumindaface

I just got a pair of Danners as well, but kinda wish I would have gotten the Muck Woody Armor for that reason

StruttinGobbler3

QuoteI just got a pair of Danners as well, but kinda wish I would have gotten the Muck Woody Armor for that reason

Muck Woody Armor boots were not what they were cracked up to be in my experience. They got extremely hot in spring season down here in GA, and halfway through their second season the back of the heel on both boots developed several small horizonal cracks. Four days of hunting later, both boots leaked like a sieve. That wound up my business with Muck boots. Currently using a pair of Lacrosse snakeboots that have been through two seasons, and still dry so far.
John 3:16

"Fall hunting is maneuvers. Spring hunting is war"
Tom Kelly, Tenth Legion

zeke632

I had a pair of Rockys that leaked after about a week of hunting. Against my advise my son got a pair of Rockys and his leaked from the get go. I think you could spit near them and have wet feet.

runngun

I have had very good luck with the Cabelas snakeboots with the zipper in the front. Had them for 4 seasons and they have a bunch of miles on them. Each year, I spray them with waterproofer and ready to go again. No wet feet yet.

Good Luck and God Bless
    Ray
Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

TANK

Quote from: runngun on March 03, 2011, 07:55:08 PM
I have had very good luck with the Cabelas snakeboots with the zipper in the front. Had them for 4 seasons and they have a bunch of miles on them. Each year, I spray them with waterproofer and ready to go again. No wet feet yet.

Good Luck and God Bless
    Ray
Are you talking about the ones that look like Irish Setters? I've had about 6 pair of Rockies. THEY ARE GOING TO LEAK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Its just a matter of when.

OldMarine

lacrosse Alpha Burleys  won't leak and are snake proof enough for me.
"Well, the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they are ignorant, but that they know so much that isn't so." – Ronald Reagan

TnTurk

I have a pair of Cabelas lace-ups with a Gor-tex liner that held up well with no leaks. I don't have to wade swamps and ditch's like some guy's though, just jump a few creeks walk through wet grass fields in the morning. The main reason I bought them is because I HATE THEM 'OL COPPERHEADS.

pullit

I have a pair of Rocky (first year they came out) and they are getting long in the tooth, but so far no leaks.

Jimbob

I have tried them all and now am looking at the the bogs copperhead boots ,heard some good things about them. They are for mild to cool temp and are snakeproof, you might want to investigate them!!!
OSCEOLA GROUND AND POUND BABY !!!!!!!

TnHunter

Don't think there is such a snake boot that don't leak, I have tryed several and they all leak after the first year if not before.
Life is good today

mountman62

Just picked up a new pair of Danner's, so ask me agina in bout 3 months, or ask BowHowdy, he is probly as hard on a pair as anyone I know
It's not a passion, It's an OBSESSION

[img][img]