OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

835 24" barrel with Star Dot, Jellyhead or Kicks .685?

Started by mattbrooks, January 04, 2013, 11:53:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mattbrooks

I have cleaned, & cleaned, & cleaned the inside of my barrel. It doesn't get shiny. It looks like there's a dull finish inside there. Any suggestions? I'd be willing to ship it to someone if they could shine it up at a reasonable cost.

BowBendr

Some 835 barrels can appear to be fairly rough. You won't see a shiny barrel til you start polishing.
I started with Clarks' method of deep cleaning, then followed that with Shawns method of barrel polishing listed in the stickys above. Then deep cleaned it again.

My 835, 24'' barrel with StarDot combo consistantly puts 320 in the 10 @ 40 with Hevi 7's, 'bout 220 with the 6's. Both are the 3.5" loads.

mattbrooks

I'm looking for someone to polish the barrel on my 835. If someone on here can help me out let me know.

davisd9

Contact William at SumToy Customs.  He is SumToy here on the forum.  I am sure he can help you.  Good Luck!
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

allaboutshooting

Quote from: mattbrooks on January 11, 2013, 07:18:24 AM
I have cleaned, & cleaned, & cleaned the inside of my barrel. It doesn't get shiny. It looks like there's a dull finish inside there. Any suggestions? I'd be willing to ship it to someone if they could shine it up at a reasonable cost.

You've tried the "deep cleaning" method?

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

mattbrooks

Quote from: allaboutshooting on January 13, 2013, 10:49:56 PM

Thanks,
Clark
It didn't do much for the dull looking inside. Maybe I didn't do something right.

allaboutshooting

Quote from: mattbrooks on January 17, 2013, 11:05:59 AM
Quote from: allaboutshooting on January 13, 2013, 10:49:56 PM

Thanks,
Clark
It didn't do much for the dull looking inside. Maybe I didn't do something right.

If you followed the guidelines, I'm sure you did it correctly.

However, some bores are just not smooth. As stated in the article that outlines the procedure, the deep cleaning will allow you to see how your bore looks. Some rough looking bores can shoot quite well by the way.

How does yours pattern?

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."