OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Daddy got a new grill

Started by savduck, January 01, 2013, 01:14:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

savduck

And had to see what she would do. Chicken and Veggies on the menu

Georgia Boy

Hognutz

Pictures like that should be made illegal.. You are killin' me here..My gosh, that looks good!!
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

lightsoutcalls

Lights Out custom calls - what they're dying to hear!

captin_hook

I wish I never looked at this thread

ILIKEHEVI-13

That does look delicious!  Nice grill. 

barry

That settles it Del, if you come to VA to hunt with me you're doing the cookin'!

flintlock

That chicken looks good!   :drool:
If you must smoke, please use BLACKPOWDER!

savduck

Quote from: barry on January 02, 2013, 12:42:12 PM
That settles it Del, if you come to VA to hunt with me you're doing the cookin'!
[/quote

I don't have any problems with that. I like to cook and eat.
Georgia Boy

tomstopper

Quote from: captin_hook on January 01, 2013, 02:58:40 PM
I wish I never looked at this thread
:agreed: Just went back on my diet and now I am craving food. Man that plate sure looks good..

Eric Gregg

Looks like you got a nice BBQ glaze on that chicken :icon_thumright:

Turkey Beard

Man that looks good! I love grilled food.
1UP GAME CALLS - Calls That Put'em On The Wall..
www.1upgamecalls.com

mnturkey

That does look good, might have to fire up the grill this weekend.
SEMPER FI

savduck

Man other than time this meal is so simple.

Chicken....get a whole chicken already cut up with skin on. I use old timey Kraft BBQ, pour it in a bowl, put a little dejon mustard in there, and put real clove honey in it and mix it all together. I think the honey puts a glaze over the skin to trap moisture in. I put in on the grill over slow cooking coals and flip about every 30 minutes. Cook for 1.5 to 3 hours. Each time I flip I brush on a generous amount of BBQ glaze. The secret is slow cooking 150 to 300 degrees.

About 30 minutes before I'm ready to pull chicken off, I chop the veggies and put them in the foil. Salt pepper, little olive oil, and Worcester sauce. Wrap tight and let it cook on grill with chicken.

The noodles is a family thing. We call it noodles and almonds. You can use the egg noodles or spiral routinni noodles. Basically we take sliced almonds and lightly brown them in a pan with salted butter. Boil noodles, pour off water. Pour in browned noodles and some poppyseeds and mix. Eat away.
Georgia Boy

allaboutshooting

I am so hungry right now. The holidays were not good for my waistline and I've really been trying to cut back on everything. Now that food looks so good my stomach is growling like an old dog.

I cook out all year unless it's zero and our grill is about to bite the dust. I really like the looks of that one.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

savduck

Clark, 98 bucks at Walmart and about an hour of assembly.

I like cooking on coal, and I really like this one because I have the access hatch for the coals, and I can raise and lower the coal platform, and it has 4 air vent controls. Built heavy to.

Leave the noodles off the menu and its probably a pretty healthy meal. Veggies and grilled lean chicken. Honey is good for you.
Georgia Boy