turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

new primos wounded gobbler decoy

Started by DirtNap647, January 01, 2013, 07:46:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

coyotetrpr

If I had too much money, I would buy this decoy and use it. My hunting buddy and I would laugh for hours watching this thing flop around while blowing on the squeeling hen. Probably would only call in coyotes though. Hey! :fud: I now have a new idea. This thing could be a truly great coyote decoy.
Jakes are like scotch. They are not worth a darn until they age.

Frankinthelaurels

First off I'm completely against the use of any decoy or blind but that's my opinion.... This might be going too far even beyond the use of motion decoys!! I'd bet that if an ole' tom would see this flopping around on the ground he would come a'runnin in a flash. I'd never think of using this on public land unless you have a death wish and I feel that it's a major unfair advantage that had nothing to do with calling which is the only legal method of hunting in PA.. you could sit and never make a call and kill the wisest ole' gobbler in the woods if he would see one of these moving. LEARN to call and sit still..leave the decoys and blinds at home. WHAT is turkey hunting coming to!! WHY would ole' Will stoop to an unfair advantage to make a buck, like he needs more in the first place!! I can't believe that Primos has stooped this low...

turkey harvester

I will agree that is retarded looking, wouldn't use it if they gave it to me. Thought primo's was better than that!!!!!
TURKEY NUT CUSTOM STRIKERS- Jeffrey Thompson-Owner.  Kathleen,GA
Hunt with your kids, not for them.

Hunt with your kids, not for them.

Eric Gregg

Quote from: Frankinthelaurels on January 04, 2013, 10:32:05 AM
First off I'm completely against the use of any decoy or blind but that's my opinion.... This might be going too far even beyond the use of motion decoys!! I'd bet that if an ole' tom would see this flopping around on the ground he would come a'runnin in a flash. I'd never think of using this on public land unless you have a death wish and I feel that it's a major unfair advantage that had nothing to do with calling which is the only legal method of hunting in PA.. you could sit and never make a call and kill the wisest ole' gobbler in the woods if he would see one of these moving. LEARN to call and sit still..leave the decoys and blinds at home. WHAT is turkey hunting coming to!! WHY would ole' Will stoop to an unfair advantage to make a buck, like he needs more in the first place!! I can't believe that Primos has stooped this low...

I wouldn't call that decoy an unfair advantage........I call it a joke :TooFunny:

pcgobbler

Would be interested to see if any Primos Pro-staffers are on this site.  I'd love to hear their explanation!

FullChoke

After using my superior Google-Fu skills, I have unearthed a rare photo of the live model that posed for the R&D phase of the decoy project. He is a homeless man known only by the name of "Tumblebug" and his last known address was a dumpster behind a lesbian Country/Western bar on the outskirts of Flora, Mississippi.

True fact, the prototype was initially named the "Dirty B-Yatch", but market research discovered that too many people were already patently displeased with the array of Primos product names that were generally interpreted to be openly misogynistic, i.e. Hootchie Mama, Great Big Can, Cow Girl, Lip Service, Ol' Betsy, Chick Magnet, Li'l Hot Box, Wet Box, Bombshell, Timber Wench, P.H.A.T. Lady, Yo' Sista and The Nag.

As if it would surprise anyone, Primos is presently developing a decoy system made up of 2 strutting gobblers attached like Siamese twins at the tails that capitalizes on a gobblers natural curiosity of disappearing magic tricks. As the gobbler approaches the decoys, they will appear and disappear from view repeatedly. The decoy system will be called "2-B or Not 2-B." Although there is actual only $12.31 worth of materials and forced Chinese labor costs in production of this item, it will carry an MSRP of $329.99 and you will shut up and you will buy it whether you like it or not.  :gobble:  :whip2:  :gobble:

FC

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

redarrow

2 things come to mind. Use it as a kite,or use it as a a hawk or eagle decoy.

chatterbox

Quote from: Eric Gregg on January 02, 2013, 09:17:57 PM
It looks like someone ran over a gobbler while planting a food plot.
I about spit my coffee out over that one! :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny:

TURKEYWHACKER

Great, now I gotta look this sucker up just to get a laugh.  :drool:

TURKEYWHACKER

WOW, anything for the almighty dollar, huh?  :TooFunny:

FireDoc

I am very curious as to if anyone will give the Primos Booth some crap at the NWTF Convention in regards to this decoy,  and how much they will dose out to the Primos boys as well.  :TooFunny:

That thing is just pathetic.  :help:
Go Dawgs!
Beware the Yelp Marks.
Proud Member of the IAFF

RutnNStrutn

El Pavo Grande

I have no doubt it would be effective at times, but I personally would feel a little dirty myself if I used Dirty B.  To each his own, but I can't help but be a little disgusted by some of these new gimmicks. Maybe "gimmick" is a bad word choice if it is actually effective, but in my mind the reference to gimmick is an item that is unnecessary to be effective at killing turkeys, but is marketed as a must-have breakthrough.  Some in the hunting industry have tainted the tradition of turkey hunting, not that some old timers didn't already think that over the last several decades.  Getting lost in the process is the art of learning how to read turkey sign, learning the vocabulary of turkey sounds and what they mean, learning how to call and when to call, and strategies involved while hunting....just to name a few.  The perception is it's too easy to set out a full strut decoy and pick which longbeard you want to shoot.  Just my opinion and as I've said to each his own, it's just not for me personally.

I wonder what input Will Primos has in such products, or what his personal opinion is of those, since he no longer is the owner? 

paintbrush

$99.99 at BPS, What a bargin! Lots of other "USEFUL" turkey hunting stuff I could buy for that kind of dough!

RutnNStrutn

Just watched the Primos video on Dirty B on their website. Its probably like any other decoy, sometimes it brings them in, sometimes it scares them away. I ain't paying $100+ for a decoy like that anyway. No thanks, I'll stick with what I got and the skills I've honed over the years.
Gotta agree with Firedoc, the new Primos darn sure ain't the old Primos. :TrainWreck1: