turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

VooDoo Hunters Kill Thread 2011

Started by bird, February 07, 2011, 04:31:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bird

This is the area where the VooDoo Hunters will post up their Turkey Harvest numbers with pictures.

The following would be an example with pictures from last year.

Shotgun

I'll start us off. 

18 lbs
10" beards
7/8 " spurs

Bird #1=55.5

bird

Oh man shotgun.... Congrats on the bird but we can't use it for the contest buddy.  The pictures have the legs and the beard removed from the bird and I know that Shannon is going to give it a great big no as counting the score of the bird to the team total.  We cannot remove anything from the bird when doing the measurements for the pictures.  Everything has to remain attached to the bird during the picture process as this ensures that someone isn't substituting beards and spurs for a better score.  I am sure as everyone else is that you are not doing this but we are going to have to follow the rules to the "T" so that nobody can scream foul.

Sorry man but the season is early and I'm sure you're good for some more birds.  Kudos on the kill!!!!

But still.... congrats on the bird.

Al

Shotgun

No problem, Im just warming up  ;).  glad we got this out in the open before it did hurt us.  Everyone please learn from my mistake.   

joshua

Here we go boys.  I'll get this party started.
Turkeys are as smart as hunters make em and public land offers more classes.
George Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, he shot them.

Expressjet

First TN bird of the year for mear for me  :z-guntootsmiley:

20.10 lbs
8 3/4" Beard
L.S 1"
R.S 1"
Total 57.6

joshua

The afternoon Tom
George Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, he shot them.

Expressjet

Took three days to kill this bird..

23.1 lbs
L.S. 1 1/8"
R.S. 1"
Beard 10"
Total Score 64.35

Muskie03

Muskie03 Taught Me A Lesson In 2011

If it eats I can catch it, if it bleeds I can kill it.

Expressjet

First VA bird of the year.. He had three buddys I am going to vist tomarrow..  :smiley-char092:

22 LBS
10 1/4" Beard
LS 1"
RS 1 1/8"
Total Score: 63.75

joshua

Upgrade.

bird

My boy came home to surprise me and to help me out with my back.  JJ did all the hard work and I got to take it easy and do nothing but call and pull the trigger.  My highest scoring bird yet and these spurs are the best I have ever taken.  This was one old bird.  You can tell that 10" beard of his use to be a paint brush at one time but I would say half of it had deteriorate over time and his wing tips were absolutely gone.  

Thanks JJ, you sure are a good young man and am proud of ya.  :thanks:

pittboss

Here is my best scoring bird so far this season

pittboss

25.6 lbs
1.125" spurs
10" beard

score 68.1
Gobble Gobble Boom !!!!!

ghillie

SoDak birds...not high scores but I'm on the board and working on upgrades!

I miss calculated on the score on this bird...it SHOULD be a score of 56.93...sorry my bad that I didn't score it correctly the first time..It is clear on the paper...do the math...56.93 is correct