Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

What's everyone's plans for 2013

Started by Jay, December 30, 2012, 04:15:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jay

Well, I'm now going to be scrambling in Kansas being my big piece of Private is tied up with other hunters. I'm hoping just on the opening weekend, but don't know right now. That leaves me just Public, which I don't like hunting opening weekend. I'll hunt there on the Friday, and figure out a game plan after that.  ::)

cuttinAR

I'll be hunting TN starting next Monday for a few days, hope to get us on the board.

Jay

Quote from: cuttinAR on March 25, 2013, 11:12:32 AM
I'll be hunting TN starting next Monday for a few days, hope to get us on the board.
Sure hope so. An early bird would be cool, since most of us don't even get out till mid April. Good luck. :icon_thumright:

cuttinAR

Well our turkeys in Arkansas are already gobbling and have been for at least a week.  Unfortunately we don't open this year until April 20th, which is waaaaayyy late for a southern state.  Our population is down and the G&F is trying to suppress harvest until it rebounds.

At least the states around us open on a normal date so I can get after them before they are done.

mnturkey

Got my tags for WI so I will be hunting from May 2nd in MN until May 22nd in WI.  I know work will get in the way but I should be out hunting at least 3 or 4 days each week.
Cannot wait until the season opens.
SEMPER FI

njdevilsb

Just over a month away in NY.  The snow is mostly gone where I am.  Not sure about where we hunt though since they usually get hit a little harder.  Thinking about making a run down this weekend and putting out some trail cameras and see whats around.

JW

Just to let you know I start 4/22 and go to 5/31 and have 8 tags with an option for more if I have the energy......

I'll be back with somehting in hand - when I can as computer service will be limited.

JW

Jay

Good luck JW. We all know you'll lay down some nice birds. :icon_thumright: