North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

What's everyone's plans for 2013

Started by Jay, December 30, 2012, 04:15:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GSLAM95

Quote from: Bigsho69 on February 22, 2013, 12:38:03 AM
Looks like I am going to FL for sure.  Wish I was there now and not buried under a foot of snow.  I will be hunting on the opener on March 16th.  Hopefully I will get lucky like last year.
Pick me up on your way down dog  :funnyturkey:  Good luck to you buddy..Take lots of pictures...

Apologizing:  does not always mean you are wrong and the other person is right. 
It just means that you value your relationship more than your ego.

Jay

6 weeks from today, I'm on the road. :you_rock:

mnturkey

SEMPER FI

cuttinAR

I'll be hunting in about a month.  Can't wait! :OGturkeyhead:

Bigsho69

Oh boy, only two weeks for the FL opener.  I am not even ready!  Still sitting under a foot of snow.  I gotta get some practice in.  Going for another bow slam!

Jay

Quote from: Bigsho69 on February 28, 2013, 11:55:11 PM
Oh boy, only two weeks for the FL opener.  I am not even ready!  Still sitting under a foot of snow.  I gotta get some practice in.  Going for another bow slam!
Sounds fun. I really enjoyed my Florida trip a couple of years ago, hunting with Doug. I'm hunting your area in Kansas a lot earlier this year. Sure hope this Winter doesn't drag on much longer.

Bigsho69

Wish me luck.  Leaving tonight for the opener.  Hopefully I can knock one down as quick as last time. 

Jay

GSLAM95

Bigsho69

So far a couple of close calls.  Had one screaming at me this afternoon.  He came into 30 yds and was spitting and drumming for over 45 minutes.  Couldnt get him to break and come.  Roosted one tonight and will try one more time in the morning.  Wish me luck, I may need it since its supposed to rain tonight. 

GSLAM95

Bigsho69

Thanks GSLAM.  Turned out I got skunked this morning.  Dang.  Couldnt get anything talking after it rained last night.  Really wish I could of had some luck.  I was really looking forward to knocking down another Osceola.  They are so cool to hunt.  The terrain, warm weather, and tricky birds are always a blast.  Cant wait to do it again next year.  Now, I have to focus on my Kansas birds.  Sorry I couldnt get any points on the board yet.  Thats why they call it hunting, right?

Jay

You hate going that far, and spend that kind of money to get skunked, but that's hunting. Good luck on the rest of your season.

Jay

Quote from: Jay on February 28, 2013, 10:09:04 AM
6 weeks from today, I'm on the road. :you_rock:
Leave in 3 weeks, and NOW I'm getting excited.

simpzenith

Leaving for Nebraska tomorrow evening to film my nephews for the archery opener. If they tag out early, I will try to get one for myself.