Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

What's everyone's plans for 2013

Started by Jay, December 30, 2012, 04:15:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mnturkey

WI lottery is in and I will be hunting May 8 to the 14th, no matter what happens at work I will be there for the weekend.
I am starting to get the fever.
SEMPER FI

Jay

Quote from: mnturkey on January 15, 2013, 11:30:36 AM
WI lottery is in and I will be hunting May 8 to the 14th, no matter what happens at work I will be there for the weekend.
I am starting to get the fever.
It's time for you to lay one down that will take a forklift to get out. ;D

mnturkey

I have seen a couple real nice ones close to where I am hunting, some long beards.
I hope to get another permit or two in WI so I have a couple chances.
SEMPER FI

CSAW

I'm hunting Mo, Ok, and Wi.  Maybe another state if it works out on the way.

land cruiser

Turkeys just CA. Hoping to limit out for the first time because I just got more access. Big game, most likely AK. Could be Asia somewhere as well

JW

Okay - looks like I might get a crack as some Merriams this yr ~ way cool and then TN, GA?, MI & WI - Wisconsin for me is good for about 4 to 6 tags for sure!

I was 5 for 8 in WI last yr -

JW

Jay

Where you going after Merriams? This is probably my last Spring hunt before retirement, then after that Merriams are on my have to get list.

JW

Jay

Quote from: JW on January 27, 2013, 10:43:20 PM
Possibly Wyoming....
I had planned on hitting Western Nebraska next year, but they've had massive fires out there, so will have to think about somewhere else maybe.

Jay

Quote from: Jay on December 30, 2012, 04:15:30 AM
As it looks like right now, I'm hunting Kansas and season 2 in Iowa, and probably season 4 in Iowa. Would like to hit Nebraska or Missouri, but just don't see that working out this year. What are you guys planning>
Well looks like I might be doing a Texas Rio hunt, before Kansas, if everything works out. Trying to figure out details right now.

Jay

It's rolling in on us. March 2nd opens up Florida, and BigSho is hunting Florida, but haven't heard exactly when.

JW

:OGturkeyhead:
For weapons this yr.
I am using a Xbow - then a White Tominator Black Powder, then a CVA Trapper, and then maybe back to ole Mr 11-87!

JW

Jay

Quote from: Jay on February 04, 2013, 03:53:31 PM
Quote from: Jay on December 30, 2012, 04:15:30 AM
As it looks like right now, I'm hunting Kansas and season 2 in Iowa, and probably season 4 in Iowa. Would like to hit Nebraska or Missouri, but just don't see that working out this year. What are you guys planning>
Well looks like I might be doing a Texas Rio hunt, before Kansas, if everything works out. Trying to figure out details right now.
Looks like Texas isn't going to fly this year, but next year will be a more viable option.

Bigsho69

Looks like I am going to FL for sure.  Wish I was there now and not buried under a foot of snow.  I will be hunting on the opener on March 16th.  Hopefully I will get lucky like last year. 

Jay

Quote from: Bigsho69 on February 22, 2013, 12:38:03 AM
Looks like I am going to FL for sure.  Wish I was there now and not buried under a foot of snow.  I will be hunting on the opener on March 16th.  Hopefully I will get lucky like last year.
You are our lead off hitter. Hopefully, you can get us started with a bang.  :icon_thumright: