turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Got the eotech mounted

Started by totallycluckedup, December 28, 2012, 09:22:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

totallycluckedup

Let me start off by saying this was a longer project than I expected.  I bought the 423M size weaver rail for my supernova.  It doesn't fit properly.  I had to hack saw off the last section of picatinny off the rear.  Otherwise it won't sit flat in the channel.  I smoothed the edges and touched it up with some matte black paint I had laying around.  Then I had to take the trigger and bolt assembly out (which also requires loosening or removing the steady grip), so I could get the plugs out of the holes on top of the action.  Either way it's all done... just need to put a sling on it and site it in... for starters I put an Indian Creek .665 on it.  I'm itchin' for spring to get here.

dirt road ninja

Sweet looking. Your sight is worth more than my favorite turkey gun (maybe all of them). That IC should keep ya tight enough where you will need the EOtech. Nice.

What are you planning on shooting?

totallycluckedup

Hopefully something with an 11" beard, 1 3/4" spurs and and answers when I call. haha

Going to be looking for some Hevishot #6 2oz 3"

totallycluckedup

FYI she managed to sweet talk someone over at opticsplanet, cuz I saw the invoice for the eotech... $377 shipped

allaboutshooting

That's a nice looking gun. Good luck with it.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

chatterbox

Super lookin' turkey slayin' rig! :icon_thumright:
Best of luck with her this spring!

HartClemson99

"I do not hunt turkeys because I want to, I hunt them because I have to. I would really rather not do it, but I am helpless in the grip of my compulsion" Tom Kelly, The Tenth Legion, 1973

harleytom

Great looking rig! You will love that Eotech

totallycluckedup

Thanks... I hope to start shooting some loads through it this weekend