News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

People are stocking up, not giving up.

Started by 3" 870 Shell Shucker, December 24, 2012, 03:31:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

3" 870 Shell Shucker

Woodsman4God

Thats the truth of it, my brother works at Gander Mountain in the gun dept and he said they have been selling almost 30-40 guns a day the last 2 weeks average might be 8 - 10 a day. They are all but sold out of most of the usual suspects in ammo too.

FANMAN

My wife and I went to Tulsa this past weekend to visit our son and daughter-in -law.We went to 5 different gun shops,and they were all packed with people.It was almost like panic buying.All types of guns were being bought.And their prices were higher than normal.

chatterbox

I have every intention of doing the same. Gonna be stocking up on my favorite turkey ammo before it's priced through the roof!

outdoors

Quote from: chatterbox on December 25, 2012, 11:51:07 AM
I have every intention of doing the same. Gonna be stocking up on my favorite turkey ammo before it's priced through the roof!
.                  X 2 . . . . .
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

Eric Gregg

Can't wait to see how high ammo prices go for in the next few months :character0029:

pseshooter300

I didnt know ammo was the problem but it is going fast like people think there gonna ban all guns.
Tater
Thunder Chicken Mafia
This Ain't Hollywood

lightsoutcalls

I have all intentions of getting my concealed carry permit before spring.  I went to our local Academy to window shop for something easily concealed.  There were at least 20 people waiting in line in front of the "gun bar". 
I went to a local independent gun shop right afterwards.  There were at least 12-15 people in there.  I have my eye on a Ruger LC9...
Lights Out custom calls - what they're dying to hear!

Spring_Woods

Yeah my wife and I decided to buy a handgun.
She has never shot a gun before in her life. In the wake of this tragedy it opened her eyes to how important self defense is.

Me on the other hand have been raised around mostly long guns so owning a handgun is new to me in a way is a new experience.

I picked up a Ruger P94 police trade in for right around $200. Tbh, the ammo is what I worry about most. They can't necessarily ban it, but they can price it out of reasonable $$$.
"Was that a gobble?":gobble:

mossy835

Quote from: lightsoutcalls on December 26, 2012, 02:53:38 PM
I have all intentions of getting my concealed carry permit before spring.  I went to our local Academy to window shop for something easily concealed.  There were at least 20 people waiting in line in front of the "gun bar". 
I went to a local independent gun shop right afterwards.  There were at least 12-15 people in there.  I have my eye on a Ruger LC9...
We have already picked up two a revolver and a SR9C ( you should like the LC9) and it is the same out here ammo is right now scarce.

nativeks

They are talking about taxing ammo like they do cigarettes. I think I am set now. Got a Stag Arms model 2, Springfield XD40, Ruger LCP .380 (bought last week for a steal), my 390s, and my Wingmaster. .223 ammo is impossible to find but I have 200 of 50 Vmax and my brother foundsome for his AR. Going to be ordering 250 .40 and 250 .380 in the next few weeks.