Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Why Ask?...........Sunday Devotional 12/23/12

Started by pappy, December 23, 2012, 11:44:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pappy

James 5:13-16....Is any among you afflicted? let him pray. Is any merry? let him sing psalms.
Is any sick among you? let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord: And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him.
Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much

This is why I ask for prayer.....because I BELIEVE......I believe that God hears the prayers of His children, I believe that His Family watches out for each one of it's members, I believe that if I am suffering the whole of Christ is suffering with me, I just simply believe that my faith and my faithful friends and brothers and sisters in Christ seek out God's Mercy and Grace for those in need....and that when the prayers are sent heavenly they are heard in the ears of God.
I am no different then anyone, I can point to places in the BIble where many of Jesus' Disciples met with suffering, even the Apostle Paul met with eye trouble, noone is exempt from suffering of some kind, but everyone....has the opportunity to pray through for God's help. Oh, I get discouraged, I get angry, that is my flesh, but I KNOW what to do and Who to go to when my life is under attack, that is why even during times of suffering I SING......I SMILE.....and I PRAISE GOD...for the opportunity to ask and believe and recieve.....try it you'll like it...pappy
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

snoodlum

Thank you and Merry Christmas to you and yours :jesus-cross:

vaturkey

Thanks Pappy ! Merry Christmas My Friend !

May God Bless You & Your Family  :jesus-cross:
Vaturkey

BOFF

Awesome attitude and Spirit!!!

Thanks Jack for leading by example!!!

God Bless,
David B.