turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Subspecies

Started by JVA54, December 22, 2012, 10:01:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JVA54

How many of the different subspecies have you killed?  Davisd9  best bird post got me thinking about a goal that I wanted to accomplish and that was to kill a Eastern,Osceola, Rio Grand, and Merriam's with my bow.  Had not give it much thought in quit a while, but still like to do it. I killed a Eastern and Merriam's so I'm halve way there, like to try for a Rio next.  The Osceola is going to the hardest.

davisd9

I have only ever killed Easterns but one day was to get a Rio, Merriam, and Osceola. Would love to get a Gould as well. Think it would be awesome to get one in all the 49 states that have them, butt first goal is to get the other 3 US subspecies first.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

boomer

I have gotten only merriam's and 2 rio's. Really need to make it back down to Texas that was a blast hunting down there. Or schedule my Oklahoma hog trip later one of these years so that we are down there during turkey season.

dirt road ninja

Eastern only for me. Might get a Rio this year.

trkehunr93

I have crossed Rio's off my bucket list a couple of seasons ago, killed two in TX, one of which is now mounted.  All the rest have been easterns.  Once finances allow I will continue my pursuit of a grand slam and go after a merriams next and then the osceola.  Goulds will come eventually and the oscelatted will just have to wait until I retire.  Not to sure about jungle hunting though for one of them.

Turkeykiller12

Easterns only for me. Definitley want to get that grand slam before I die. I would like to get an Osceola next and then it would probably take a while to save up the money to pursue the Rio and Merriams.

Rokhal07

Im lacking the osceola and hopefully gonna get it this year

JVA54

Quote from: Rokhal07 on February 09, 2013, 08:04:35 PM
Im lacking the osceola and hopefully gonna get it this year

Good Luck hope you can get it done!!

Bustabeak

only eastern's here too... Maybe one day I'll get to do some traveling.

turkeykiller22

The past 2 seasons I have been blessed enough to kill all but the Osceola each year... I kill my easterns either in MS, AL, or TN, then get my rio in KS and my Merriam in NEB. This year I will hopefully get my chance at killing the grandslam! Gonna do my best to get it done, but I only have a day and a half to hunt in FL... so we shall see! Easterns are by for the funnest to kill IMO!
Grounded Brand - https://groundedbrand.com/

Rokhal07

Thanks jva im gonna do my best. Hope to post a grand slam thread in about a month!