OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Marlin XL7

Started by Tom Dooley, December 21, 2012, 10:45:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom Dooley

Looking to buy one of these for a deer rifle. Are the new Marlins made by Remington as good or better than the older ones made in Conn.

CASH

Check out this link for the Marlin Owners forum. This is the section for the XL7/XS7. You'll find out a wealth of info there. http://www.marlinowners.com/forum/marlin-xl7-xs7-boltaction-centerfire-rifles/

I've heard that the "Remlin" models aren't as good as the originals, but I can't give you anything concrete. But, I did own the Marlin version in .270 Win and it was a tack driver. Really liked that gun, but sold it to finance another one. 
A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.

Tom Dooley

Quote from: CASH on December 22, 2012, 04:32:37 AM
Check out this link for the Marlin Owners forum. This is the section for the XL7/XS7. You'll find out a wealth of info there. http://www.marlinowners.com/forum/marlin-xl7-xs7-boltaction-centerfire-rifles/

I've heard that the "Remlin" models aren't as good as the originals, but I can't give you anything concrete. But, I did own the Marlin version in .270 Win and it was a tack driver. Really liked that gun, but sold it to finance another one.

Thanks for the info and website. I will check it out.

scoot12

I have this gun in a .243,  one of the best deals out there im my opinion.  My brother in law got one because he liked mine so much in a .270.  Accurate,  durable and won't break the bank.  Scoot

Tom Dooley

I bought one a few days ago for my son. We got one in 30-06 with a wood stock. I also am pretty sure it was before Remington bought them out because it was made in Conn. and I dont think Remington ever produced any with the wood stock.