Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

anybody ever hear of macular degeneration?

Started by pappy, December 19, 2012, 07:39:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pappy

Today something happened when I was in the shop. My left eye started to fade out in the center. It is now so bad as to black out what I am focusing on, like I look at a clock and only see the outer sides and not the dials. I looked on the web and saw something called macular degeneration, where the retina of the eye goes bad......any one else have this problem, just wondering what it is gonna do to my call making? pappy
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

chatterbox

Jack,

You need to see somebody about this sooner than later! I don't know what it is, but when it comes to the eyes, please don't wait.

Mike

mmclain

it is a progressive disorder that leads to partial or full blindness in the long term......both of my grandfathers eyesight fell to M.D........there are some advances in stem cell therapy....but ....if I were you...start taking Ocuvite .   now!....vitamin supplament this is supposed to help greatly......slowing the deterioration....Paul Harvey was a large advocate of the ocular vitamin supplament

Matt

pappy

Matt...thanks I am heading to my doctor in the morning, and will mention this to him. I am worried about this, may end up hanging up my tools...
tel...573-380-8206

Old Gobbler

:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

pappy

Thanks Shannon, I am pretty worried about this....
tel...573-380-8206

stone road turkey calls

I hope it turns out to be something that can be corected, sorry to hear this.
Stone Road Turkey Calls / Gary Taylor
2013 Norseman 3rd place pot call
2013 Grand national 6th place pot call
2014 Midwest 3rd place pot call
2015 Midwest 5th place HM Tube call

TRKYHTR

My wife runs an ophthalmology clinic. She said you need to see the ophthalmologist ASAP. Sometimes they are able to correct this problem. Keep us informed pappy.

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

Hognutz

My father in law had it. It is bad stuff. In essence, the center of your vision becomes as if you are looking in the sun. The only places that you can see are on the outside of that cone, so to speak.. It starts out slow and progresses. You certainly can live with it, but it will, in effect, cause your eyesight to fail to a point where you are for the most part, legally blind..

Hopefully, you are not going to be diagnosed with it, Pappy..
My prayers are with you..
Mike 
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

pappy

thanks Mike for the info and prayers....I just wonder where this derives from?
tel...573-380-8206

Hognutz

I don't know where it derives from, Pappy, but I do know that it is hereditary. My wife and her brother both have a small start of it. As advised, my brother in law is using Ocuvite to ward off the M.D.
Good luck at the eye doctor, Jack..
There are a lot of people praying that this was just a blip on your radar screen, and you'll be good to go..
Mike
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

mdtkyhntr

Sounds like Wet Macular Degeneration. See an ophthalmologist immediately!

redarrow

Prayers Pappy. I have gone through cataracts and lens replacement in both eyes. 5 retina tears in my right eye and 1 retina tear in my left eye.My last surgery was for a macular edema (hole) in my left eye.I also have what they call a buckle in my left eye that holds the retina in place. Thank God for the surgeons at Kellogg Eye Institute. My biggest fear now is that I will soon lose my ability to drive at night.God be with you Pappy.

Old Gobbler

I am praying for you pappy try and relax buddy  :jesus-cross:
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

Tail Feathers

Make the Dr. appt tomorrow Pappy.
My M-I-L has it and as I understand, it's hereditary but I believe it comes on slowly.  The suddenness of your problem is cause for concern.
Prayers for you my friend. :bible:
Love to hunt the King of Spring!