OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

All AR Style Rifles Have Been Pulled From The Shelves !!

Started by vaturkey, December 18, 2012, 09:26:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vaturkey

We went to Dicks Sporting Goods & Wal - Mart tonight & all AR style rifles have been pulled from the shelves. Orders from Corporate headquarters. 
Vaturkey

5bites

Not all Walmart stores are doing this. There were at least three ar's at our local Wally World last night. I put money down on a colt at a local shop last night too. I've considered buying several mags and maybe one or two lowers. These people are turning a tragedy into a political battle which is a crying shame. No doubt they were waiting for an event like this to happen.

Wingbone

I thought they'd pulled them at my local Wal-Mart till the manager told me they had sold 18 ARs in the last three two days. SOLD OUT! I noticed they had no .223 ammo either and he said they'd sold 18,000 rounds since saturday. He didn't know how long it would take to get restocked. He didn't give me the impression Wal Mart planned on taking any ARs out of their case.
In Hoc Signo Vinces

ILIKEHEVI-13

It's already starting. 

http://firstread.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/12/19/16020864-obama-demands-concrete-proposals-on-gun-violence-by-january

Notice the word gun violence was the first thing the lefts use.  Now the root cause should read that sick, emotionally disturbed, crazy, or people that do not fit in our society will be dealt with whatever means necessary to make sure this don't happen again.  It's the crazy people that kill people in these type of tragedies.  Some idiots just don't understand that.   

Turkey Trot

Dick's never sold assault rifles.

They sold semi-auto rifles that the liberals and media have erroneously labeled as assault rifles.
Until The Turkeys Have Their Historians, Tales Of The Hunt Shall Always Glorify The Hunter

Eric Gregg

I posted this comment on another thread, but I was talking to my step dad yesterday and our gunsmith (who is a wholesale dealer) was trying to sell him a Kel-Tec P-11. My step dad wanted something else and after a week of looking the dealer couldn't find any of the other ones due to them being sold out. They are flying off the shelves faster than they are being produced.
Looks like a Kel-Tec 9mm is in my future, but no complaints here.
The gunsmith also said that right before and after the election he had his biggest month ever in gun sales since being in business for 25 years.

I do business with this guy because he is a good gunsmith and a Vietnam veteran.
Anyhow, get them while they are hot!

vaturkey

Quote from: Turkey Trot on December 20, 2012, 01:22:42 PM

They sold semi-auto rifles that the liberals and media have erroneously labeled as assault rifles.

I thought AK's & Bushmasters were considered assault rifles !!!
Vaturkey

stinkpickle

Quote from: vaturkey on December 20, 2012, 03:58:36 PM
Quote from: Turkey Trot on December 20, 2012, 01:22:42 PM

I thought AK's & Bushmasters were considered assault rifles !!!

Yes, but only according to the Clinton ban...that didn't do a @#$ing thing but the triple the price of everything.     >:(

Oconeeguy

Personally, I don't want or NEED an assault rifle, and I won't miss those particular style of guns if they are outlawed. Two friends have them and i have had fun target shooting them before. You never saw firearms like these when i was growing up in the 60s and 70s. Friends, relatives and I read outdoor magazines, hunted and shot at targets (mostly paper targets, bottles, phone books, milk jugs with water, etc.), but I never knew anyone that had an assault rifle. So they are a fairly recent addition to the firearms that are available.

So why do we NEED them anyway? Why do we need access to any darn thing that goes BANG? I have always thought that fishing with a hand grenade or RPG might be fun and productive, and it would certainly be great for "self defense", but do i have a legal right to have one, and more importantly, should I?  NO

I have hunted since I got a BB gun at age 5 (over 50 yrs ago) and will continue to as long as i can.

rev

Sorry they are a semi -auto sporting rifle. Why do I need one ? My 2A rights says i can

socalturkeyman

REV you said it! Its people that see this as okay to ban something that are gonna be the first to cry when they take another freedom that affects them personally. Big brother's laws will not keep you safe,you have to be able to rely on yourself untill locals LEO can show up.
A shot not taken,is a shot missed!
Juan Galindo-Last Light Taxidermy

Oconeeguy

Sorry, but assault rifles are not necessarily semi-automatic sporting rifles. It seems that many folks think that our second amendment rights apply to anything that goes BANG. Why don't our second amendment rights apply to fully automatic guns? An assault rifle with a high-capacity magazine can fire almost as fast as fully automatic version. Very little difference. I have shot one about that fast before.

We need to get beyond the political rhetoric that we have been feeding ourselves for the last 20 yrs or so, or the anti-hunting, anti-gun general public will outlaw REAL semi-automatic hunting guns like the Remington 7600, or 1100 shotgun. Where on earth does reason fit into this discussion?

rev

What is the difference between a sport aka assault rifle like a AR15 chambered in a .22cal LR and my Ruger 10/22 ,nothing except the looks of it.

But what I'm afraid is, you give them a inch, they will finally take a foot.
I remember when they started a smoking ban,
First it was ONLY going to be banned on airplanes,
Then it was in restaurants.
Then it was the bars.
Now in some places it's in public.
What's next, you can only smoke in your bed, under the covers, with the lights off, and can only use a flash light?
When do you finally tell the government, to quit telling me how to run my life , OH wait a minute they know how to run my life better then Me, I forgot
Sorry, I like driving my full size pickup, I can't pack my stuff in a volt when I go turkey hunting
But my truck maybe against the law here pretty soon
We got enough gun laws, we just need to enforce them
The government will allow you to buy fully automatic rifles,but you have to have a classIII lic

socalturkeyman

Its just the simple fact that our freedoms are slowly being taken away,when there isnt a need for it. Its a choice to commit a crime,and thats the bottom line. The tools or (weapons,if applied) are not the blame and in no point need another law to restrict them. For example,A teenager in LOS ANGELES(which has strict gun laws even airsoft guns) Stab his own mother and father with a BBQ fork. Now are we to outlaw cookware cause of this? No! And I live in Socal and know that is pretty easy to get an illegal gun in the streets. I have been offered them to me and have turned around and alerted LEO,and nothing came of it. Now like REV said its time to enforce the law not make new ones.
A shot not taken,is a shot missed!
Juan Galindo-Last Light Taxidermy

rev

look Oconeeguy,
I truly understand your point, the shooting  probley is the worst thing that could EVER happen to a parent,or any family, and I pray that it will never ever happen again, but it wont and new laws will not stop it. We are turning into a self -centered and have been a fallen world.
You made your point and I hope I made my point, let's shake hands and I will say Merry Christmas to you and your family. 
WAIT a minute, is saying Merry Christmas against the law now or is it happy holidays, oh no I can say Merry Christmas, I think, ( just kidding )

To all here on old gobbler. MERRY CHRISTMAS to all and you family, be safe