OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Wood pellet boiler

Started by Thebody, December 18, 2012, 07:42:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thebody

If you are looking for another heat source, I just had one of these installed and so far I am pretty happy with it.  I kicked it around alot before the Winter and decided to go ahead and install the wood pellet boiler.  I priced an oil furnace and a propane furnace.  Both were cheaper (3,000 cheaper), but cost way more to run. 

The wood pellet boiler also heats my water and so far it really works well.  All I had previously was a heat pump and this house was cold in the Winter.  I had an energy audit and made some improvements which helped a whole lot with the bills, but ultimately I needed an alternate source of heat. 

My house stays around 72 and sometimes gets too hot now.  The water is a constant 170 degrees from the boiler and you have to be careful in the shower, it does have a device to turn it down, which we have since done.  I figure when it gets real cold I may burn 1 1/2 tons per month and I figure a total of 4-5 tons.  I get a ton for 209 tax free at Home Depot.  During this time I also use no electricity for the water heater.

I also have a wood pellet fireplace insert which I use when it's above 40 and it heats the house pretty well.

Just thought I would share in case anyone was considering this option.  It's expenseive, but this Georgia boy couldnt take the Maryland Winters anymore.  I must be getting soft.

The company often advertises in Outdoor Life.   

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth.  Mike Tyson

Well He shoulda armed himself if he's gonna decorate his saloon with my friend.  Will Munny

GSLAM95

Looks like a good idea to me...

Apologizing:  does not always mean you are wrong and the other person is right. 
It just means that you value your relationship more than your ego.