OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Lost my keys... HELP?

Started by new2turkey, March 03, 2011, 10:11:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

new2turkey

I've been moving all this week, right down the road. When I moved my gun rack, I put the both keys for the padlock on my gun rack onto my car keys.

Well the car keys were in my sweatshirt and my mom borrowed it to go to New Hampshire with (no problem there) but my keys are gone, somewhere where she went to lunch, or the store(s) she went into. I've called all the stores and the restaurant, and none have found the keys. I have an extra set of car keys, but I don't have any to the padlock....

Any ideas of how to get the padlock off without destroying the gun rack? I built the gun rack last year with my girlfriend's stepdad last year, and made sure all of the hinges aren't accessible.

redarrow

redarrow

Of coarse if its a Master lock you can get a locksmith to make a key based o the lock numbers.

Basser69

Angle grinder or skill-saw with an abrasive blade. I have used bot here at work and they work well but watch the sparks!

n2deer

Skeeterbait

dremel with a fiberglass cut off wheel.

sugarray

VAHUNTER

i would go with the bolt cutters.

about 4 years ago i took my keys out of my pocket and layed them on the hood of our jeep. i was mowing and did not want them in my pocket. my wife came out and told me she was going to town. i did not even give my keys a thought. so somewhere between my home and 25miles to town my keys fell off. i walked the road up and down for 4 miles both ways. i never found them. luckly my wife had copies of them all. my gun safe and tree stand keys was on the ring. i feel for you. that is a awful thing to go through
Good things come to those who wait

SR1

Bolt cutters!!!!!!!!!!!!! locks only keep honest people out.
Death Smiles At Everyone - Marines Smile Back
Artillery Brings Dignity to What Would Otherwise Be Just A Vulgar Brawl
Happiness Is A Belt-Fed Weapon
[/url]

Muskie03

I'm always loosing the keys to my boat trailer hitch, bolt cutters always do the job for me.
Muskie03 Taught Me A Lesson In 2011

If it eats I can catch it, if it bleeds I can kill it.

mnturkey

package the whole thing up and send it to me, I will make sure it gets open.

Bolt Cutters,locksmith, or local prison, I am sure someone in the local prison could open it up.
SEMPER FI

Mag10

I am a locksmith and I have a 30" masterkey, (boltcutter)  the lock is junk with no keys so that is what I would use.  It will cost you more to make keys than a new lock w/ keys.  Good luck! Marty

CB on the run

If you don't have a set of bolt cutters, you maybe able to call the non-emergency # for your local  :firefighter: dept.

knightrider

bolt cutters or hacksaw will get you in